Best WiFi network???

Old September 3rd 07, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Peter & Andrea

Default Best WiFi network???

HI,

Any advice on WiFi networks for UK and possibly Europe??

We arue keen motorhomers who have now retired, and intend to spend
more time on teh road, but still want to keep in touch with family and
friends.

Many thanks
Peter

Old September 4th 07, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Cerumen

"Peter & Andrea" wrote in message
HI,

Any advice on WiFi networks for UK and possibly Europe??

We arue keen motorhomers who have now retired, and intend to spend
more time on teh road, but still want to keep in touch with family and
friends.

By WiFi do you mean that or do you mean connection via mobile phone?
In my travels I find a few WiFi networks such as BT in UK and Eircom here in
Ireland but also independent providers such as Bitbuzz. The WiFi coverage is
patchy at best except in densely populated areas. Mobile phone connectivity
is much better for coverage but can get very expensive and you need to shop
around and pay attention in particular to download limits and price per MB.

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.
Festina lente

Old September 5th 07, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Osbrook

On 3 Sep, 10:13, Peter & Andrea wrote:
Hi

Perhaps the easiest way is to take your laptop in to a Weatherspoons
and have a drink or a meal asking for web access. Should give you
free access for 30 minutes.

Chris