Which 4x4 can legally tow the most weight?

« - | - »

Old September 22nd 07, 04:35 PM posted to alt.fan.landrover,uk.rec.cars.4x4,uk.rec.cars.imports,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Classic Car Man

Default Which 4x4 can legally tow the most weight?

I'm looking to spend about 6-7K on a rugged 4x4 but it must have both a
good carrying capacity inside (at least 60" with the back seats down) and be
able to legally tow a trailer and load of about 3500Kg. I'm not interested
in 7 seats as I will normally only have me and 1 passenger anyway. It must
be reliable and able to go off-road across fields from time to time.

Am I asking too much from a 4x4?

All (sensible) comments gratefully received

Old September 22nd 07, 04:49 PM posted to alt.fan.landrover,uk.rec.cars.4x4,uk.rec.cars.imports,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Lizzy Taylor

Classic Car Man wrote:
I'm looking to spend about 6-7K on a rugged 4x4 but it must have both a
good carrying capacity inside (at least 60" with the back seats down) and be
able to legally tow a trailer and load of about 3500Kg. I'm not interested
in 7 seats as I will normally only have me and 1 passenger anyway. It must
be reliable and able to go off-road across fields from time to time.

Am I asking too much from a 4x4?

All (sensible) comments gratefully received

Land Rover 101FC
http://www.101club.org/smallads/

Lizzy

Old September 22nd 07, 06:00 PM posted to alt.fan.landrover,uk.rec.cars.4x4,uk.rec.cars.imports,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Alan[_8_]

reenews.net...

Classic Car Man wrote:
I'm looking to spend about 6-7K on a rugged 4x4 but it must have both a
good carrying capacity inside (at least 60" with the back seats down)
and be
able to legally tow a trailer and load of about 3500Kg. I'm not
interested
in 7 seats as I will normally only have me and 1 passenger anyway. It
must
be reliable and able to go off-road across fields from time to time.

Am I asking too much from a 4x4?

All (sensible) comments gratefully received

Land Rover 101FC

Cough, splutter!...

is that the engine or you choking

Old September 22nd 07, 06:02 PM posted to alt.fan.landrover,uk.rec.cars.4x4,uk.rec.cars.imports,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
80 H

I'm looking to spend about 6-7K on a rugged 4x4 but it must have both a
good carrying capacity inside (at least 60" with the back seats down) and
be
able to legally tow a trailer and load of about 3500Kg. I'm not
interested
in 7 seats as I will normally only have me and 1 passenger anyway. It
must
be reliable and able to go off-road across fields from time to time.
Am I asking too much from a 4x4?
All (sensible) comments gratefully received

Land Rover 101FC
http://www.101club.org/smallads/

Absolutely top LR - a beast and legend in it's own lunchtime!

Old September 22nd 07, 06:22 PM posted to alt.fan.landrover,uk.rec.cars.4x4,uk.rec.cars.imports,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
:Jerry:

"Alan" wrote in message

reenews.net...

Classic Car Man wrote:
I'm looking to spend about 6-7K on a rugged 4x4 but it must have
both a
good carrying capacity inside (at least 60" with the back seats
down) and be
able to legally tow a trailer and load of about 3500Kg. I'm not
interested
in 7 seats as I will normally only have me and 1 passenger
anyway. It must
be reliable and able to go off-road across fields from time to
time.

Am I asking too much from a 4x4?

All (sensible) comments gratefully received

Land Rover 101FC

Cough, splutter!...

is that the engine or you choking

Both, and my wallet is trying to running away with the thought of
fuelling a 101 up.

Old September 22nd 07, 06:57 PM posted to alt.fan.landrover,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Matt M

Classic Car Man wrote:
I'm looking to spend about 6-7K on a rugged 4x4 but it must have both a
good carrying capacity inside (at least 60" with the back seats down) and be
able to legally tow a trailer and load of about 3500Kg. I'm not interested
in 7 seats as I will normally only have me and 1 passenger anyway. It must
be reliable and able to go off-road across fields from time to time.

Am I asking too much from a 4x4?

All (sensible) comments gratefully received

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=120163647231

:-)

Bloody cross-posters!

Matt
Old September 22nd 07, 10:40 PM posted to alt.fan.landrover,uk.rec.cars.4x4,uk.rec.cars.imports,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Nige

Classic Car Man wrote:
I'm looking to spend about 6-7K on a rugged 4x4 but it must have
both a good carrying capacity inside (at least 60" with the back
seats down) and be able to legally tow a trailer and load of about
3500Kg. I'm not interested in 7 seats as I will normally only have
me and 1 passenger anyway. It must be reliable and able to go
off-road across fields from time to time.

Am I asking too much from a 4x4?

All (sensible) comments gratefully received

Eh?

Are you on crack?

--
'Never get off the boat'

Nige

Land Rover Discovery Extreme (1995)
Yamaha MT-03 (2006)
Kawasaki ZZR-1100 (1994)

Old September 22nd 07, 11:09 PM posted to alt.fan.landrover,uk.rec.cars.4x4,uk.rec.cars.imports,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Doki[_2_]

"Nige" wrote in message
Classic Car Man wrote:
I'm looking to spend about 6-7K on a rugged 4x4 but it must have
both a good carrying capacity inside (at least 60" with the back
seats down) and be able to legally tow a trailer and load of about
3500Kg. I'm not interested in 7 seats as I will normally only have
me and 1 passenger anyway. It must be reliable and able to go
off-road across fields from time to time.

Am I asking too much from a 4x4?

All (sensible) comments gratefully received

Eh?

Are you on crack?

The classic post reprised.

Old September 23rd 07, 07:58 PM posted to alt.fan.landrover,uk.rec.cars.4x4,uk.rec.cars.imports,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Richard[_6_]

Classic Car Man wrote:
I'm looking to spend about 6-7K on a rugged 4x4 but it must have both a
good carrying capacity inside (at least 60" with the back seats down) and be
able to legally tow a trailer and load of about 3500Kg. I'm not interested
in 7 seats as I will normally only have me and 1 passenger anyway. It must
be reliable and able to go off-road across fields from time to time.

Am I asking too much from a 4x4?

All (sensible) comments gratefully received

Isuzu Troper? Friend has a LWB Trooper in which we comfortably carry a
Youngman ladder and trestle. Can't remember how tall the ladder part
is but it's slightly taller than me at 6'2". Towing capacity - no idea.

Toyota Land Cruiser (Amazon)?

Bloke wot spanner my SAAB has one of these. Given the cash I'd be very
tempted to replace the RR with one.

Richard

« - | - »