Winter in Greece

Old October 8th 07, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Robert[_3_]

Default Winter in Greece

Hello,

I am thinking about spending the winter in Greece in my new James Cook
van.

Any recommendations for nice, quiet places there? I'd like to be on
the coast, not too many people, with nearby internet access.

Also --- last winter, I stayed on the south coast of France and on the
north Italian coast. In both places, I encountered quite a few
thieves, and experienced one partial break-in into my van.

Is Greece ok in this regard? I would like to be able to leave my van
in a parking lot and spend a day at the beach. Is this still feasible,
or is it necessary to leave the van in a closed campground, as in
France or Italy?

I'd like to hear from those of you who have experience with this.

Thank you.

Robert