MOT

Old October 20th 07, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
hymer46

Default MOT

I ALL Heard about a year ago,the government was looking into a 2
yearly MOT TEST.did you know this is the case in europe, which we are
supposed to be part of,we adopt laws laid down by our freinds in
Brussels,given up our sovereignty and yet no signs of this 2 yearly
MOT,will ever be,just like adopting the Euro.
IS it fair when someone like me that only cover a milage of 1000
miles a year ,and i guess there are thousands more that only cover
less than 5000 in our motorcaravans.IS it not about time,to end this
rot time,ripp of time applied by most Mot garages,i cant say i know
any motorist that as a good word for them.So come on youre garage
owners,lets hear youre comments.regards hymer 46

Old October 20th 07, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Gary G Jones[_2_]

Yes, I did know that about the 2 year MOT in Europe, but I think, if you
look into it then you will find its a lot more stringent than our 12 month
one is.
Just because you do not do many miles in your vehicle does not stop
deterioration of components of the said vehicle. I for one think that
sometimes less miles covered makes things deteriorate even quicker. Like
tyre walls for starters. In all honesty now, when was the last time you
checked the inside of your vehicles tyre walls to see if they are cracking
due to lack of use. Rubber bushes etc that crack and dry out due to lack of
use, Not to mention brakes with layers of rust building up through lack of
use.
Going by some of the piles of junk that you see driving around with
various headlight and, or rear light bulbs that are not working ( some of
these are not even 1 year old), and pumping out tons of smoke should be
forced (if they are ever actually stopped by the police) to take the car for
an MOT there and then ,and if all repairs are not done within 7 days while
it is off the road then it should be scrapped.

GGJ

ups.com...

Old October 21st 07, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
hymer46

On 20 Oct, 22:49, "Gary G Jones" wrote:
[...]

"hymer46" wrote in message

ups.com...

I ALL Heard about a year ago,the government was looking into a 2
yearly MOT TEST.did you know this is the case in europe, which we are
supposed to be part of,we adopt laws laid down by our freinds in
Brussels,given up our sovereignty and yet no signs of this 2 yearly
MOT,will ever be,just like adopting the Euro.
IS it fair when someone like me that only cover a milage of 1000
miles a year ,and i guess there are thousands more that only cover
less than 5000 in our motorcaravans.IS it not about time,to end this
rot time,ripp of time applied by most Mot garages,i cant say i know
any motorist that as a good word for them.So come on youre garage
owners,lets hear youre comments.regards hymer 46- Hide quoted text -

HI GARY WELL I CANT SPEAK FOR OTHERS But under my van is spotless ,im
under it twice a year,with a wire brush,paint and a few days before i
take it for its MOT i will be taking photos underneath.in case some
holes suddenly appear in the chassis,as they did last year.odd they
was not there before i took it for a mot.Well maybe more stringent in
other european countries.depends what EU countries you are thinking
of,but i would rather be ripped off once every 2 years than 1.regards
roy wilmot

Old October 22nd 07, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Joe Soap

"and pumping out tons of smoke"

Worth noting that unlike cars motorhomes on the continent must have a yearly
polotion test.

"Gary G Jones" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
[...]

ups.com...

Old October 28th 07, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
dave cowell

Joe Soap wrote:
"and pumping out tons of smoke"

Worth noting that unlike cars motorhomes on the continent must have a yearly
polotion test.

Where did you get that bit of mis-information from then?

[...]

"hymer46" wrote in message
ups.com...
I ALL Heard about a year ago,the government was looking into a 2
yearly MOT TEST.did you know this is the case in europe, which we are
supposed to be part of,we adopt laws laid down by our freinds in
Brussels,given up our sovereignty and yet no signs of this 2 yearly
MOT,will ever be,just like adopting the Euro.
IS it fair when someone like me that only cover a milage of 1000
miles a year ,and i guess there are thousands more that only cover
less than 5000 in our motorcaravans.IS it not about time,to end this
rot time,ripp of time applied by most Mot garages,i cant say i know
any motorist that as a good word for them.So come on youre garage
owners,lets hear youre comments.regards hymer 46

---
Virus Database (VPS): 071027-0, 27/10/2007
Tested on: 28.10.2007 11:31:52

---
Virus Database (VPS): 071027-0, 27/10/2007
Tested on: 28.10.2007 11:32:28

Old October 30th 07, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Joe Soap

For example

http://www.maison-facile.com/022arti...e.asp?num=1445

"dave cowell" a écrit dans le message de news:
Joe Soap wrote:
[...]

ups.com...