Motorhome in own parking space??

Old October 31st 07, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Stefy

Default Motorhome in own parking space??

Hi there, motorhomes owners,

I am considering buying a motorhome.

I live in a flat (that I own) and have my own parking space and I
wonder if it is a problem parking a motorhome there. Are there
restricions in the size of the "thing" you can park there?

Also, I am not familiar with camping and others (and strangely I have
not manage to find info googling this) how does it work with water
refill and toilet cassette cleaning? My flat is too far from the
parking space and cannot refill the water with a pipe from my tap....

Thanks.
Stefan

Old October 31st 07, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dogpoop

Stefy wrote:
Hi there, motorhomes owners,

I am considering buying a motorhome.

I live in a flat (that I own) and have my own parking space and I
wonder if it is a problem parking a motorhome there. Are there
restricions in the size of the "thing" you can park there?

Depends on local circumstances and site regulations, covenants etc.
Speak with your letting agency/estate agent/flat management etc

I'd suggest that essentially your vehicle, whatever it is, shouldn't be
larger than it's designated parking space.

Also, I am not familiar with camping and others (and strangely I have
not manage to find info googling this) how does it work with water
refill and toilet cassette cleaning? My flat is too far from the
parking space and cannot refill the water with a pipe from my tap....

Do it on site. If you have no available facilities at home then it'll
be hard work unless you have a site locally that might let you use their
facilities for a small fee.

--
Dogpoop

Stand by me.
http://www.glass-uk.org/
Old November 1st 07, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Campa-Man

"Stefy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi there, motorhomes owners,

I am considering buying a motorhome.

I live in a flat (that I own) and have my own parking space and I
wonder if it is a problem parking a motorhome there. Are there
restricions in the size of the "thing" you can park there?

Also, I am not familiar with camping and others (and strangely I have
not manage to find info googling this) how does it work with water
refill and toilet cassette cleaning? My flat is too far from the
parking space and cannot refill the water with a pipe from my tap....

Thanks.
Stefan

Toilet Cassette not too bad, just remove from the van and carry to your flat
to empty down your regular loo, or do as we do and always make sure you
empty it on site before coming home. You could use a watering can just to
put a bit of water in before you leave then fill on site.

Old November 21st 07, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Campa-Man

"Dystopia" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 11:23:03 -0000, "Campa-Man"
wrote:

"Stefy" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

I use a 5l watering can to fill drinking water and lavatory mainly
because I am too lazy the roll out the hose. Half dozen trips for
drinking and a two or three for the lav. The exercise does me good.

I send the wife, does her good :-)

Old November 21st 07, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"Campa-Man" wrote in message

"Dystopia" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 11:23:03 -0000, "Campa-Man"
wrote:

"Stefy" wrote in message
groups.com...
[...]

I sent your wife as well, did me good.

Andy R

Old November 23rd 07, 08:50 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Campa-Man

Toilet Cassette not too bad, just remove from the van and carry to your
flat
to empty down your regular loo, or do as we do and always make sure you
empty it on site before coming home. You could use a watering can just
put a bit of water in before you leave then fill on site.

I use a 5l watering can to fill drinking water and lavatory mainly
because I am too lazy the roll out the hose. Half dozen trips for
drinking and a two or three for the lav. The exercise does me good.

I send the wife, does her good :-)

I sent your wife as well, did me good.

Andy R

Can't find you in my receipt book, have you paid yet?

Old November 23rd 07, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Roy[_3_]

Campa-Man said the following on 23/11/2007 09:50:
Toilet Cassette not too bad, just remove from the van and carry to your
flat
to empty down your regular loo, or do as we do and always make sure you
empty it on site before coming home. You could use a watering can just
put a bit of water in before you leave then fill on site.

I use a 5l watering can to fill drinking water and lavatory mainly
because I am too lazy the roll out the hose. Half dozen trips for
drinking and a two or three for the lav. The exercise does me good.
I send the wife, does her good :-)

I sent your wife as well, did me good.

Andy R

Can't find you in my receipt book, have you paid yet?

Try looking in the other one - that one is for the Tax Man!!!!

Roy