Motorhome fungus!

Old October 31st 07, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Paul Beverley[_2_]

Default Motorhome fungus!

Hi All

I have a 1992 Swift Capri and there is some black fungus growing out
of one of the joins in the woodwork. I showed it to someone at the local
caravan centre and he made all sorts of "Oh"s and "Ah"s and said it
was terminal rot.

Basically, it's going to need the woodwork in the roof and the back wall
and maybe some of the back half of the sides replacing - a massive job.

I can't afford to pay for the work, but do folks think that anyone would
buy the van in the state it's in? The engine's OK, and we've used it
through the summer, fungus or no.

Any thoughts of the assembled company would be much appreciated. Thanks.

All the best,

Paul

Paul Beverley (Archive Publications) - Advanced Member, SfEP
Editing & proofreading services 01603-722544 - http://www.archivepub.co.uk
Old October 31st 07, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dogpoop

Paul Beverley wrote:
Hi All

I have a 1992 Swift Capri and there is some black fungus growing out
of one of the joins in the woodwork. I showed it to someone at the local
caravan centre and he made all sorts of "Oh"s and "Ah"s and said it
was terminal rot.

Basically, it's going to need the woodwork in the roof and the back wall
and maybe some of the back half of the sides replacing - a massive job.

I can't afford to pay for the work, but do folks think that anyone would
buy the van in the state it's in? The engine's OK, and we've used it
through the summer, fungus or no.

Any thoughts of the assembled company would be much appreciated. Thanks.

What size is it? Berths? any pictures of it? Whereabouts are you in UK?
etc.

We're after a cheap 'project' motorhome that we can use as a pits/garage
for our Trials bikes.

We currently use our caravan and awning which isn't particularly
satisfactory from security or how many bikes we can take. We've
replaced the whole floor in the caravan so roof and walls aren't too
'big' to tackle, we think, if it's cheap enough to start with.

If you want to email me, the reply address is mine and working.

--
Dogpoop

Stand by me.
http://www.glass-uk.org/
Old October 31st 07, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Paul Beverley[_2_]

In message
Dogpoop wrote:

What size is it?