Wirring up a 4 gand to a blue plug

« - | - »

Old November 2nd 07, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
BORG

Default Wirring up a 4 gand to a blue plug

OK my gennie has a blue output socket

I want to put a blue plug on the end of a long four gang extention lead.

from the BACK/INSIDE of the plug I have 3 round pin back

o o

I take it the bigger top one is earth

Which way round are the other 2 pins.

Please remember this is from the back of the plug, where I connect the 4
gang wires to.

Thanks
Old November 3rd 07, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John[_14_]

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 18:27:16 +0000, BORG wrote:

OK my gennie has a blue output socket

I want to put a blue plug on the end of a long four gang extention lead.

from the BACK/INSIDE of the plug I have 3 round pin back

o o

I take it the bigger top one is earth

Which way round are the other 2 pins.

Please remember this is from the back of the plug, where I connect the 4
gang wires to.

Thanks

xx

'hilarious', it usually isn't?

Old November 4th 07, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Joe Soap

Hello,

Assuming that a "genie" is a portable generator.

As these plugs are not fused and "logically" protected by a double-pole
circuit breaker it's not that important, but the usual practice is to
connect the phase (brown) wire to the right had side looking from the back
of the plug.

Regards.