Ducatto catalytic converter?

Old November 20th 07, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ensal

Default Ducatto catalytic converter?

I wonder if anyone could advise me what one of these is worth?

It was taken off a 2002 Ducatto Di based Hymer, after less than 1,000 miles.
There was a 'buzz' from the exhaust and the Fiat commercial dealership
decided that the cat needed swapping. However, it turned out just to be the
way that the exhaust was hanging from the suspension rubbers.

They'd already obtained the new part, and presumably they got a good rate
from Fiat for fitting a totally unnecessary new converter.

They gave me the 'old' one after waiting a few weeks in case Fiat required
an audit of the job. I then stored it in my garage 'just in case' - and
forgot about it.

The Hymer went long ago, and I'm wondering whether to sell the cat, or just
bin it.

At the time (2002) the part cost in the region of 400 - which was why I
kept it. Prices have obviously fallen since, but I can't find an ebay
listing or similar to gauge what a fair price would be now.

So, is it worth something? - or nothing\?

Thanks

Old November 21st 07, 08:29 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"ensal" wrote in message
[...]

Ebay it, I bet you'll get a couple of hundred quid.

Rgds

Andy

Old November 21st 07, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ensal

"Andy R" wrote in message

"ensal" wrote in message
[...]

----

Really? that's encouraging. Thanks very much.