It's so quiet in here....

Old December 1st 07, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
hugh

Default It's so quiet in here....

.... I thought I'd take the opportunity to announce I will be putting my
campervan on the market in the new year.

"So what", you all say.

Well it is possibly a rare specimen as it has auto gearbox and cab
aircon.

Full spec is

1999 VW Transporter T4 with Autosleeper Trooper conversion (Raising
Roof)
2.5 litre petrol engine with auto gearbox
Cab aircon
Lux pack giving gas blown air heating, auxiliary battery, mains charger
Fitted towbar with 12n & 12s electrics
Colour - Red with green interior.
Fridge and grill plus 2 burner hob
On board fresh and waste water tanks.
33k miles, recently serviced (FSH) and MOT to Nov 2008
Anyone interested feel free to contact me by e-mail.
--
hugh
Old December 2nd 07, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
hugh

He probably will - he's just trying to talk the price down. But he's
wasting his time. I've had a very good px offer from the dealer I bought
it from as new. Unfortunately I have to wait a while to get cab aircon
in the one I'm buying.

Incidentally I've had 4 VWs in the past with autoboxes and never had a
problem with any of them so I'm not in a position to comment about
availability of spares as I've never needed any despite clocking up some
considerable mileages in the other vehicles.

Must go now - off up to North Yorkshire in the Trooper.

Hugh

In message , Gary G Jones
writes
Custard, I take it that you are not going to be making an offer then.

GGJ

"Custard" ignore the wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 20:48:50 +0000, hugh ] wrote:
Rare ? Yes!
Big problems VW had with Auto boxes ! YES
Easy to get parts to repair said auto box NOPE so VERY VERY expansive
to repair

2.5 litre petrol engine with auto gearbox

Another problem area too. T4's run best with the 2.4 and 2.5TF
engines, the petrol engines in them were crap.

33k miles, recently serviced (FSH)

Only 33K miles probably reflects the reason you are dumping it.
Anyone paying over 3.5 K would be daft, but good luck.

Thats the problem advertising on Usenet, people get to comment on the
crap that people sell

--
hugh