Freeview TV

Old December 3rd 07, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

Default Freeview TV

Thinking of getting a 15-inch LCD Freeview digital TV for the van. Do these
work ok on the latest Status aerials?

Obviously it will depend on the transmitter signal strength - hopefully weak
area sites will have TV points at the electric pillar (we stay mostly at CC
sites).
--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Old December 3rd 07, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Yes
Old December 3rd 07, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
national treasure

"Budgie" wrote in message
Thinking of getting a 15-inch LCD Freeview digital TV for the van. Do
these work ok on the latest Status aerials?

Obviously it will depend on the transmitter signal strength - hopefully
weak area sites will have TV points at the electric pillar (we stay mostly
at CC sites).
--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Our Status is on a 2006 van (so, presumably, a 2005/2006 aerial) and we've
never picked up a digital signal with it.

In fact, the analogue signals haven't been wonderful either. Haven't put
any effort into resolving the problem (yet) as we only tend to use it for
watching DVD's via the in-built player. Have considered a sat box - but
it's just one more gadget to set up on site.

Old December 3rd 07, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob

Budgie wrote:
Thinking of getting a 15-inch LCD Freeview digital TV for the van. Do these
work ok on the latest Status aerials?

Obviously it will depend on the transmitter signal strength - hopefully weak
area sites will have TV points at the electric pillar (we stay mostly at CC
sites).

In my experience you cannot get Freeview/digital TV when using the Tv
points on CC sites. They seem to be analogue only. According to letter
from CC sometime ago, they have no immediate plans to upgrade to digital.
Has anyone managed to get digtital TV from CC TV point.

Bob
Old December 3rd 07, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

"national treasure" wrote in message
Our Status is on a 2006 van (so, presumably, a 2005/2006 aerial) and we've
never picked up a digital signal with it.

In fact, the analogue signals haven't been wonderful either. Haven't put
any effort into resolving the problem (yet) as we only tend to use it for
watching DVD's via the in-built player. Have considered a sat box - but
it's just one more gadget to set up on site.

It's the teardrop-shaped aerial that you can turn from inside that we have.

Old December 3rd 07, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
national treasure

"Budgie" wrote in message
"national treasure" wrote in message
Our Status is on a 2006 van (so, presumably, a 2005/2006 aerial) and
we've never picked up a digital signal with it.

In fact, the analogue signals haven't been wonderful either. Haven't put
any effort into resolving the problem (yet) as we only tend to use it for
watching DVD's via the in-built player. Have considered a sat box - but
it's just one more gadget to set up on site.

It's the teardrop-shaped aerial that you can turn from inside that we
have.

I know the type. Had one on another van, it had a pole that could be pushed
up from inside the wardrobe (but we had no digital TV at that time, so never
tried it for Freeview)

We've now got the humbler ' 'spaceship' type, which have always been poor
for as long as I can recall (amazing that they became a standard fit)

Your type might well work. If so, we'll probably have to fit one ourselves.

Old December 4th 07, 06:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy[_3_]

Bob said the following on 03/12/2007 18:08:
Budgie wrote:
Thinking of getting a 15-inch LCD Freeview digital TV for the van. Do
these work ok on the latest Status aerials?

Obviously it will depend on the transmitter signal strength -
hopefully weak area sites will have TV points at the electric pillar
(we stay mostly at CC sites).

In my experience you cannot get Freeview/digital TV when using the Tv
points on CC sites. They seem to be analogue only. According to letter
from CC sometime ago, they have no immediate plans to upgrade to digital.
Has anyone managed to get digtital TV from CC TV point.

Bob

Yes - Broadlands - it was a newly upgraded system

Roy
Old December 4th 07, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GrahamW

Budgie wrote:
Thinking of getting a 15-inch LCD Freeview digital TV for the van. Do
these work ok on the latest Status aerials?

Obviously it will depend on the transmitter signal strength -
hopefully weak area sites will have TV points at the electric pillar
(we stay mostly at CC sites).

We have pretty good success with our digibox in the 'van on an
omnidirectional status. Having said that, either it works or it doesn't.
There is no such thing as a crap picture with digital. I know Status say not
to use any more amplification but I have tried an extra amp. and it
sometimes improves reception if the signal is marginal.
I guess a directional aerial will be better than our omni.

Graham

Old December 4th 07, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Debbie Ager

I have great success with Freeview but.............

I use a Digital Aerial (the type you would use at home) and mount it onto a
large bracket fitted to my tow section.

Its doesn't move at all and great signal strength - dead easy to assemble.
like home away from home - even gonna get a HD Freeview so I can record when
I am away from the van :-)

Old December 4th 07, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Bob" wrote in message
Budgie wrote:
Thinking of getting a 15-inch LCD Freeview digital TV for the van. Do
these work ok on the latest Status aerials?

Obviously it will depend on the transmitter signal strength - hopefully
weak area sites will have TV points at the electric pillar (we stay
mostly at CC sites).

In my experience you cannot get Freeview/digital TV when using the Tv
points on CC sites. They seem to be analogue only. According to letter
from CC sometime ago, they have no immediate plans to upgrade to digital.
Has anyone managed to get digtital TV from CC TV point.

Bob

In October we were at the Cheddar CC site and they had digital hook ups but
its not that widespread. Mind you I suppose they will have to do something
soon!

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk