Chrome ball cover

Old December 5th 07, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

Default Chrome ball cover

Hi all.

Would like to get one of these for my Sorento.

http://tinyurl.com/33sa54

Hope link works ok.

All the ones I found on internet so far all state that they not
suitable for AL-KO extended towball.

I assume they refer to the AL-KO ball that pokes out approx
1 inch more than standard towball,I have both types at home
and height wise there's very little in it approx 1/8 inch.

I know they poke out further to allow for the extra width of AL-KO
stabilizers.I have the 1300 kg one one van.

I had one of these chrome covers on my Vauxhall Senator (what a car)
towball which I've towed van with several times and van had the AL-KO
1300kg stabilizer fitted at the time.

I'm not sure if a AL-KO extended towball came with the stabilizer and was
fitted to Senator OR if I left the standard towball that came with the
Witter
towbar and there was enough clearence for the AL-KO stabilizer to work
ok without knocking against bumper of Senny.

Silly me let the lot go with car when sold.
I would much like to get a chrome cover as in link as the Sorento I've
just purchase in total black paint work all over including all the skirts
that go round bottom of Sorento's,the only other things on exterior of
car is 2 inch round pipe on sides/front/back hence chrome towball
cover.

So do they do one for AL-KO extended towball that anyone know off.

Sorry for long post but will give you something to read in this lovely
weather.
Many thanks.
Baz.

Old December 6th 07, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TonyM

Hi Baz,

The cover you refer to is a Flipper Ball Cover made by Bradley Doublelock at
Keighley in Yorkshire. Unfortunately, there isn't one for the Alko ball.

Unless you get an Alko original, even the plastic towball boots don't fit
properly!

--
Kind Regards

Tony M.
BROOKSIDE STORAGE
Chesterfield.
www.brooksidecaravanstorage.co.uk

CaSSOA Gold Award

Old December 6th 07, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

I had a standard one once - disappeared one day when I parked near a
group of pikey vans.

Pure coincidence of course.
--
hugh
Old December 6th 07, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

TonyM" wrote in message
om... Hi Baz,

The cover you refer to is a Flipper Ball Cover made by Bradley Doublelock
at Keighley in Yorkshire. Unfortunately, there isn't one for the Alko
ball.

Kind Regards

Tony M.
BROOKSIDE STORAGE
Chesterfield.
www.brooksidecaravanstorage.co.uk

CaSSOA Gold Award

Hi Tony ,thanks for the reply.

Do know in what way the Bradley flipper does not fit ?.

For example would the cover fit from the top of the ball to
the bend of the bottom (vertically),
but not cover the horizontal (extended out part) of towball
though lack of depth of the chrome cover so it will not mate
up with the chrome bolt cover part when towball in covered
up mode- leaving part of the extended horizontal bit showing
,hope this makes sense to you.

cheers.

Baz

--
The human rights act.
Invented for Blair's Bitch.

Old December 6th 07, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
national treasure[_2_]

"ForeverArsenal" wrote in message

I would much like to get a chrome cover as in link as the Sorento I've
just purchase in total black paint work all over including all the skirts
that go round bottom of Sorento's,the only other things on exterior of
car is 2 inch round pipe on sides/front/back hence chrome towball
cover.

Are you setting in business as a Pimp?