Baltic Coast of Poland.

Old December 16th 07, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave D

Default Baltic Coast of Poland.

Last year we went east beyond Berlin to the border with Poland and cycled
into Poland and the Czech Republic. This has given us the urge to go
further next spring and I have been looking at the northern coast of Poland.
We want to have a look at Peenemunde in Germany where the rocket that got
our house in 1944 came from but after that venturing into Poland to perhaps
Gdansk and Elblag. There seem to be plenty of campsites.
Many reports I have seen say that the roads in Poland are awful and I am
thinking of the poor caravan. Car and motorhome suspensions can cope with
bad roads but I think a caravan would soon be damaged if towed on rutted or
potholed surfaces.
Has anybody here any recent experience of the roads across northern Poland?
Regards and a merry Xmas to one and all.
Dave

Old December 17th 07, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

On 16 Dec, 23:19, "Dave D" wrote:
Last year we went east beyond Berlin to the border with Poland and cycled
into Poland and the Czech Republic. This has given us the urge to go
further next spring and I have been looking at the northern coast of Poland.
We want to have a look at Peenemunde in Germany where the rocket that got
our house in 1944 came from but after that venturing into Poland to perhaps
Gdansk and Elblag. There seem to be plenty of campsites.
Many reports I have seen say that the roads in Poland are awful and I am
thinking of the poor caravan. Car and motorhome suspensions can cope with
bad roads but I think a caravan would soon be damaged if towed on rutted or
potholed surfaces.
Has anybody here any recent experience of the roads across northern Poland?
Regards and a merry Xmas to one and all.
Dave

MI5 are watching them!