Ventilation

Old December 20th 07, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ed

Default Ventilation

Hope to have three visitors in a borrowed caravan for Christmas,used solely
for sleeping , should I leave the vent on the roof open at all times, if
open there seems to be condensation around it, we have a small electric
fan
heater to warm it up before occupation Thanks for advice E

Old December 21st 07, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

That depends a great deal on the layout and facilities in the van. If there
are adequate underfloor and wall vents then it should not be necessary, if
you have a separate toilet compartment then you could leave the window there
open a crack. There are just too many variables to give definate advice.

Old December 23rd 07, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , ed
writes
Hope to have three visitors in a borrowed caravan for Christmas,used solely
for sleeping , should I leave the vent on the roof open at all times, if
open there seems to be condensation around it, we have a small electric
fan
heater to warm it up before occupation Thanks for advice E

How old is the van?

All in the last 15 years or so have adequate ventilation provision.

--
hugh