Caravan park book for UK ?

Old December 27th 07, 03:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Badger1954

Default Caravan park book for UK ?

Hello and Merry Christmas,

A friend has asked if there is a book that covers UK campsites. She
has made enquiries here (Australia) but can't find one. She does not
have a laptop so won't be able to access the internet while travelling
in the UK next year (in their 60's and not into internet cafes).
So, does anyone know the name of such a book, and maybe catalong
number.

Cheers again,
Gerard / Badger
Old December 27th 07, 08:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

On 27 Dec, 04:09, Badger1954 wrote:
Hello and Merry Christmas,

A friend has asked if there is a book that covers UK campsites. She
has made enquiries here (Australia) but can't find one. She does not
have a laptop so won't be able to access the internet while travelling
in the UK next year (in their 60's and not into internet cafes).
So, does anyone know the name of such a book, and maybe catalong
number.

Cheers again,
Gerard / Badger

Tell her to join the Caravan Club. The package which a new member
receives includes a sites directory second to none, and access to a
chain of very high standard club sites, together with small (mainly)
rural 5 van sites.
She can do no better IMHO.
Old December 27th 07, 08:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

PS http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/General/Join+us/
Old December 27th 07, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 01:01:36 -0800 (PST), Lunar475
wrote:

Tell her to join the Caravan Club. The package which a new member
receives includes a sites directory second to none, and access to a
chain of very high standard club sites, together with small (mainly)
rural 5 van sites.
She can do no better IMHO.

Well I am a CC fan and have never found a need to use sites that are
not in their book, but I must say in all honesty that for a
comprehensive set of all sorts of Caravan sites everywhere in the UK
that the Camping and caravanning Club big sites book is probably the
most comprehensive.
Bill Lord

Old December 27th 07, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Badger1954

On Dec 28, 1:17*am, Dystopia wrote:
As an alternative to the Caravan Club she could write to:

The Camping and Caravanning Club
Greenfields House
Westwood Way
Coventry
CV4 8JH

Web site:

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 20:09:49 -0800 (PST), Badger1954

wrote:
Hello and Merry Christmas,

A friend has asked if there is a book that covers UK campsites. *She
has made enquiries here (Australia) but can't find one. *She does not
have a laptop so won't be able to access the internet while travelling
in the UK next year (in their 60's and not into internet cafes).
So, does anyone know the name of such a book, and maybe catalong
number.

Cheers again,
Gerard / Badger- Hide quoted text -

Thanks to all those, Lunar, Bill and Dystopia. I have passed them on
to her.
Gerard
Old December 27th 07, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

wrote:
Hello and Merry Christmas,

A friend has asked if there is a book that covers UK campsites. She
has made enquiries here (Australia) but can't find one. She does not
have a laptop so won't be able to access the internet while travelling
in the UK next year (in their 60's and not into internet cafes).
So, does anyone know the name of such a book, and maybe catalong
number.

Cheers again,
Gerard / Badger- Hide quoted text -

Thanks to all those, Lunar, Bill and Dystopia. I have passed them on
to her.
Gerard

Just a bit more info for you Badger

I don't know how it works

But you can sometimes get free access to the internet using the local libraries

Locally we have to present an electronic card that has our details on it , you get
half an hour for free

Take along a floppy disk , you can upload / download your emails in next to no
time

Regards

DieSea

Old December 30th 07, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , bill lord
writes
wrote:

Tell her to join the Caravan Club. The package which a new member
receives includes a sites directory second to none, and access to a
chain of very high standard club sites, together with small (mainly)
rural 5 van sites.
She can do no better IMHO.

Well I am a CC fan and have never found a need to use sites that are
not in their book, but I must say in all honesty that for a
comprehensive set of all sorts of Caravan sites everywhere in the UK
that the Camping and caravanning Club big sites book is probably the
most comprehensive.
Bill Lord

And with both CC and CCC you can expect reasonable standard of site
--
hugh
Old December 31st 07, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Badger1954

wrote:
[...]

DieSea- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. I'll tell her. She has sent off to CC and CCC.
Have a happy new year (less than 3 hours away here).
Gerard
Old January 1st 08, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
entwisi

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 01:41:56 -0800, Badger1954 wrote:

wrote:
[...]

For internet access you can get a mobile dongle from 3 for £10/month. Its
a PAYG deal where your £10 gets you 1 gig of data over the next 30 days.
No further commitment. Plug it into your laptop and away you go.

http://www.three.co.uk
Old January 1st 08, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"entwisi" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 01:41:56 -0800, Badger1954 wrote:

DieSea- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. I'll tell her. She has sent off to CC and CCC.
Have a happy new year (less than 3 hours away here).
Gerard

For internet access you can get a mobile dongle from 3 for 10/month. Its
a PAYG deal where your 10 gets you 1 gig of data over the next 30 days.
No further commitment. Plug it into your laptop and away you go.

http://www.three.co.uk

I must admit having had a look at it I thought aghhhhhhh useful especially as pay
as you go

Then I saw the price of the modem ,

I suppose you could always dispose of the modem on ebay at the end of your holiday

Regards

A Happy New Year to All

DieSea