fiat ducat 2003 diesel 2.8 battery

Old December 28th 07, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dutchman

Default fiat ducat 2003 diesel 2.8 battery

Is it easy to change the battery in this van, I think its a 017. At the
moment its flat as a pancake, not used for 4 months. Have been advised to
buy a Varta or Bosch, both German for lasting power. Found on the net for
around 78.
Just looks difficult to remove and fit, love some comments Thanks John

Old December 28th 07, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"Dutchman" wrote in message
Is it easy to change the battery in this van, I think its a 017. At the
moment its flat as a pancake, not used for 4 months. Have been advised to
buy a Varta or Bosch, both German for lasting power. Found on the net for
around 78.
Just looks difficult to remove and fit, love some comments

It's a simple job provided you have no physical problems manoeuvring the
considerable weight of the battery at arm's length.

I'd also try to find out why it's totally flat after four months, I suggest
something's probably draining it.

Rgds

Andy R

Old December 28th 07, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
MajorTom

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:18:41 -0000, "Andy R"
wrote:

"Dutchman" wrote in message
Is it easy to change the battery in this van, I think its a 017. At the
moment its flat as a pancake, not used for 4 months. Have been advised to
buy a Varta or Bosch, both German for lasting power. Found on the net for
around 78.
Just looks difficult to remove and fit, love some comments

It's a simple job provided you have no physical problems manoeuvring the
considerable weight of the battery at arm's length.

I'd also try to find out why it's totally flat after four months, I suggest
something's probably draining it.

Rgds

Andy R

Hi, I've had this problem a couple of times where the van been
standing for a couple of months and took the thing out (like andy said
it is a heavy item to move) and topped up the electrolite before
giving a full 24 hour charge and the batterie is fine again. give it a
good charge before shelling out 78 on a new one.

Tom.