fiat 2.8 battery more info please

Old January 1st 08, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dutchman

Default fiat 2.8 battery more info please

I need to change the cab battery, dealers tell me it needs a 017 or 019
around 89 amp hour. I notice the battery fitted is a 110 amp hour combined
starter and leisure. My question do I need to replace a 110 amp as there is
connections to the leisure (charging) or go for the Fiat recommended Bosch
017/019. Also I have been told to get a battery master fitted to stop the
drain on the cab battery, which seems to last about 7 weeks, alarm etc seems
to drain it.
Thanks D...........

Old January 1st 08, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"Dutchman" wrote in message
I need to change the cab battery, dealers tell me it needs a 017 or 019
around 89 amp hour. I notice the battery fitted is a 110 amp hour combined
starter and leisure. My question do I need to replace a 110 amp as there is
connections to the leisure (charging)

Cld u pls clarify, do you have a separate leisure battery or not?

or go for the Fiat recommended Bosch 017/019. Also I have been told to
get a battery master fitted to stop the drain on the cab battery, which
seems to last about 7 weeks, alarm etc seems to drain it.

There is no need for an isolator, just find out what's causing the drain and
disconnect it in some way.

I'd go for the biggest battery that'll fit in the tray unless there's a
massive price difference.

Rgds

Andy R

Old January 1st 08, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dutchman

Yes it has a separate leisure battery (110) under the drivers seat I don't
think there is a massive drain, just the battery is 4 years old and spoilt
by running down over the winters D...............