Anyone bought a motorhome in Australia???

Old January 8th 08, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Peter & Andrea

Default Anyone bought a motorhome in Australia???

Hi,

Our son now lives in Australia, so we will be spending 6 months a year
in Australia. We want to escape the british winter.

We have a motorhome in the UK, and we love it.

We are considering buying a motorhome to keep in Australia.

Anyone done this, any advice would be much appreiciated,

Many thanks

Peter
Old January 8th 08, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"Peter & Andrea" wrote in message
Hi,

Our son now lives in Australia, so we will be spending 6 months a year
in Australia. We want to escape the british winter.

We have a motorhome in the UK, and we love it.

We are considering buying a motorhome to keep in Australia.

Anyone done this, any advice would be much appreiciated,

Never done it but knowing the ball ache the paperwork is inevitably going to
be with a non resident owning and insuring a vehicle I'd have thought it
better to get your son to buy and insure it and have you named on the
insurance.

rgds

Andy R

Old January 9th 08, 12:34 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Josiah Jenkins

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 16:38:27 +0000, Peter & Andrea
wrote:

Hi,

Our son now lives in Australia, so we will be spending 6 months a year
in Australia. We want to escape the british winter.

We have a motorhome in the UK, and we love it.

We are considering buying a motorhome to keep in Australia.

Anyone done this, any advice would be much appreiciated,

Haven't done it but we met with a couple of Australians with a hired
motorhome in Germany last year. They had their own motorhome
back in OZ and the guy gave me a club magazine to read.

Campervan and Motorhome Club of Australia
http://www.cmca.net.au/

Might be worth a look.

-- jjj
Old January 9th 08, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Jules

wrote:

Hi,

Our son now lives in Australia, so we will be spending 6 months a year
in Australia. We want to escape the british winter.

We have a motorhome in the UK, and we love it.

We are considering buying a motorhome to keep in Australia.

Anyone done this, any advice would be much appreiciated,

Haven't done it but we met with a couple of Australians with a hired
motorhome in Germany last year. They had their own motorhome
back in OZ and the guy gave me a club magazine to read.

big coincidence (can never spell that word) , i met a old Oz couple while at
a campsite in Dresden....they had hundreds (thousands) of fotos of them back
home, they had a huge camper...bigger than a couple of houses together back
homehere.

They were actually using a friends UK camper while in Europe...quite a nice
old couple

http://www.julianhales.co.uk

Last year i took my dog for the first time and he loved it.