oil change

Old January 11th 08, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dutchman

Default oil change

Thinking of changing the oil in my ducato 2.8 JTD 2003 this weekend. Any
ideas if using fully synthetic such as Total 9000 would be an advantage over
semi-syth as used in the past Thanks

Old January 11th 08, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"Dutchman" wrote in message
Thinking of changing the oil in my ducato 2.8 JTD 2003 this weekend. Any
ideas if using fully synthetic such as Total 9000 would be an advantage
over semi-syth as used in the past Thanks

No advantage, this generation of engine isn't designed for it. The oil gets
contaminated by the products of combustion and needs changing at the same
time regardless of what oil you put in it.

Rgds

Andy R