Kia Sportage

Old January 13th 08, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gareth Watkins

Default Kia Sportage

Hi Folks
We are currently saving up for a Honda CRV but happened past a Kia Sportage
for sale yesterday so went back to test drive it today.
It had quite a few cosmetic issues with scrapes here and dings there but
nothing a couple of hundred quid in the body shop wouldn't sort. It seemed
like a real bargain at 1495 quid for an R reg and it already had the towbar
fitted which is always a bonus! I've got to admit I wasn't exactly
enthralled with the drive though and did think it might just be a bit too
much of a lightweight for towing the van.
Anyone have any opinions or experience with this little forbie?
Many thanks

Gareth

Old January 22nd 08, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
an onimous

"Gareth Watkins" wrote in message
Hi Folks
We are currently saving up for a Honda CRV but happened past a Kia
Sportage for sale yesterday so went back to test drive it today.
It had quite a few cosmetic issues with scrapes here and dings there but
nothing a couple of hundred quid in the body shop wouldn't sort. It seemed
like a real bargain at 1495 quid for an R reg and it already had the
towbar fitted which is always a bonus! I've got to admit I wasn't exactly
enthralled with the drive though and did think it might just be a bit too
much of a lightweight for towing the van.
Anyone have any opinions or experience with this little forbie?
Many thanks

Gareth

I have a 2002 sportage.
Not the best car I've had, very little acceleration even without my van on
the back. does tow well on the flat towing my lunar(1250kg).