Imprting to the UK

Old January 13th 08, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
caroline

Default Imprting to the UK

Just acquired a '79 VW Type 2 Westy Berlin from Ireland.
But its newly imported in to Ireland from the USA, all import taxes and
duties paid....but not registered.

How are the DVLA and HM Customs likely to handle this.

Technically its being imported from an EU country, so *shouldn't* require
further import duties or taxes...but has never been registered in an EU
country.

Oddly (sarcasm!) I can't find anything on the DVLA website to cover this
particular
scenario.

Anyone had experience of importing a vehicle to the UK under similar
circumstances?

Can you give me an idiots guide of what to do, how to do it, and what order
to do it in, to get it registered and road legal in the UK.

TIA

Old January 14th 08, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Jules

"caroline" wrote in message

Just acquired a '79 VW Type 2 Westy Berlin from Ireland.
But its newly imported in to Ireland from the USA, all import taxes and
duties paid....but not registered.

How are the DVLA and HM Customs likely to handle this.

Technically its being imported from an EU country, so *shouldn't* require
further import duties or taxes...but has never been registered in an EU
country.

Oddly (sarcasm!) I can't find anything on the DVLA website to cover this
particular
scenario.

Anyone had experience of importing a vehicle to the UK under similar
circumstances?

Can you give me an idiots guide of what to do, how to do it, and what
order
to do it in, to get it registered and road legal in the UK.

TIA

Well..i have JUST collected my 80? T25 camper from down south and drove up
to SHeffield last night..

Cant really help, but im going to take some fotos of mine later and pop them
on my homepage....would love to see examples inside on how people store and
make things fit etc.

Mine has a 2 ring, small sink and heater...and v high plastic? roof, was a
bit scary in the high wind on the motorway!

Im off all over Europe in the late spring for a month, so gives me time to
get it all sorted!

Old January 15th 08, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Campa-Man

Well..i have JUST collected my 80? T25 camper from down south and drove up
to SHeffield last night..

Cant really help, but im going to take some fotos of mine later and pop
them on my homepage....would love to see examples inside on how people
store and make things fit etc.

Mine has a 2 ring, small sink and heater...and v high plastic? roof, was a
bit scary in the high wind on the motorway!

Im off all over Europe in the late spring for a month, so gives me time to
get it all sorted!

Have a look here
http://forum.80-90.co.uk/
and here
http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/

Old January 15th 08, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Jules

"Campa-Man" wrote in message

Well..i have JUST collected my 80? T25 camper from down south and drove
up to SHeffield last night..

Cant really help, but im going to take some fotos of mine later and pop
them on my homepage....would love to see examples inside on how people
store and make things fit etc.

Mine has a 2 ring, small sink and heater...and v high plastic? roof, was
a bit scary in the high wind on the motorway!

Im off all over Europe in the late spring for a month, so gives me time
to get it all sorted!

Have a look here
http://forum.80-90.co.uk/
and here
http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/

ta. i have been looking at them since yesterday, one wont let me register,
it doesnt like my German email address and the other doesnt like my
firefox...