park home forums

Old January 17th 08, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gazz

Default park home forums

i kmow this is a caravan newsgroup, but there dont seem to be any parkhome
type newsgroups, on my server anyway (pipex)

don't suppose anyone knows of a forum about park homes??

What we want to ask is basicaly:

me and my fiance want to get our first place, no way we'll ever get a
mortgage, and dont really want to live in a tiny flat, and deffo not a
council property, thought about a narrowboat, but my joint and back problems
rule that out,

so thinking about a park home,

problem is they all seem to be geared up for the retired people who have
sold their houses and have over 100k to spend.

i am 31 and my fiance is 25, and we'll have 15 to 20k to spend, this is a
gift from my parents when towards the end of the year some money comes their
way, and is to be used to get a place for us to live,

We have a meduim sized dog, and whilst a lot of parks take dogs, they say
it's only for the dog you have when u buy a home from them, when it dies
your not to replace it, so i need to avoid those places as i plan to have a
dog as a companion till i die, we also have 2 pet rats, but they shouldent
be a problem, except to people who don't know a fancy rat is nothing like a
wild rat, but they are house pets, and as we want to buy a park home, i
can't see them being a problem.

And i guess i should mention, i am medicaly retired, and hence classed as a
jobless scrounger by most people, i get incapacity/disability benefit and
income support, and will be eligeable for housing allowance to help pay the
ground rent and service charges, but i've seen a few parkhome sites with a
'no dss' rule, usually amoungst the 50 or so other rules like no pets, no
kids, no under 55's, no farting after 8pm and so on,

We origionaly thought we could buy a static caravan, site it somewherre with
an 11 month licence and live in that, using the camper van to live in for
the month the site's closed, but it seems that's frowned upon, and being
clamped down on now, we need a place that will be our residence, with a
proper addresse to that seems to rule that idea out.

Anyone know where i can find what i'm looking for?? we'd even consider a
park home or even static caravan on someones land if it was all legal, i.e.
not just a van plonked there and pretending to be an extension to the main
dwelling etc,

Any help greatly apreciated, and any links to forums where i can ask this
question will be a great help.

Old January 18th 08, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Gazz" wrote in message
i kmow this is a caravan newsgroup, but there dont seem to be any parkhome
type newsgroups, on my server anyway (pipex)

don't suppose anyone knows of a forum about park homes??

Snip

Gazz

This forum seems to have a section that deals with mobile homes
http://www.caravansitefinder.co.uk/f...b80cc09af85d90
but not sure about park homes but this might help
http://www.martex.co.uk/leisure-and-living/editors.htm

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old January 18th 08, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"David Klyne" wrote in message

"Gazz" wrote in message
i kmow this is a caravan newsgroup, but there dont seem to be any parkhome
type newsgroups, on my server anyway (pipex)

don't suppose anyone knows of a forum about park homes??

Snip

Gazz

Sorry just had a look at the link below and its full of spam so not worth
the bother but Google might be your friend!