led lamps

Old January 20th 08, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dutchman

Default led lamps

Replacement Led Bulb for G4 12V DC Halogen Capsule

Looking to change my lamp-bulbs over horizontal fitting, anyone know where I
can buy these on line. Tried Google without much luck
Cheers D......

Old January 20th 08, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Gary G Jones[_2_]

how about this one
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/capsule-a...olt-p-983.html

they have a 90' light angle so I take it that it does not matter if it's
vertical or horizontal fitting. I think , maybe, sort of, if you catch my
drift.

GGJ

news

Old January 20th 08, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Gary G Jones[_2_]

or these ones maybe
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ultimate-...te-p-1673.html

GGJ

"Gary G Jones" wrote in message
how about this one
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/capsule-a...olt-p-983.html

they have a 90' light angle so I take it that it does not matter if it's
vertical or horizontal fitting. I think , maybe, sort of, if you catch my
drift.

GGJ

news

Old January 20th 08, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dutchman

Thanks for the info, the first set seem to be OK as its side pins, just hope
they will fit inside the reflector. I will order one to test and will
comeback to the ng with results
D....................
"Gary G Jones" wrote in message
or these ones maybe
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ultimate-...te-p-1673.html

GGJ

"Gary G Jones" wrote in message
how about this one
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/capsule-a...olt-p-983.html

they have a 90' light angle so I take it that it does not matter if it's
vertical or horizontal fitting. I think , maybe, sort of, if you catch my
drift.

GGJ

news

Old January 20th 08, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Bob Douglas

"Dutchman" wrote in message
Thanks for the info, the first set seem to be OK as its side pins, just
hope they will fit inside the reflector. I will order one to test and
will comeback to the ng with results
D....................

snip

From the same supplier, I would recommend the following in preference to the
21 led ones already highlighted. (I've got both).

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/acdc-warm...0v-p-1456.html

I don't believe these are quite as much brighter than the others as claimed,
BUT, they are a smaller unit, both in diameter and depth.

Whilst I had to leave the glass off the light to use the 21 led ones, those
referenced above fit into my downlighters and allow the glass to be
remounted (they are a bit brighter as well).

Make sure you get the warm white, they are much easier on the eye in use.

--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Old January 20th 08, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Josiah Jenkins

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:00:07 -0000, "Bob Douglas"
wrote:

"Dutchman" wrote in message
Thanks for the info, the first set seem to be OK as its side pins, just
hope they will fit inside the reflector. I will order one to test and
will comeback to the ng with results
D....................

snip

From the same supplier, I would recommend the following in preference to the
21 led ones already highlighted. (I've got both).

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/acdc-warm...0v-p-1456.html

I don't believe these are quite as much brighter than the others as claimed,
BUT, they are a smaller unit, both in diameter and depth.

Whilst I had to leave the glass off the light to use the 21 led ones, those
referenced above fit into my downlighters and allow the glass to be
remounted (they are a bit brighter as well).

I changed mine because of the heat generated rather than current
drain. There was no problem fitting one in the awning light but the
downlighter had to be modified by removing part of the reflector.
This allows the cover to be refitted.

If interested :
Remove and dismantle the lamp completely to allow you to
work only with the reflector.
Drill 1/8" pilot hole in centre of reflector (from the back)
Gradually increase hole diameter until you get the hole large
enough to use a "cone" drill to reach the required cut-away.
Clean up by rubbing rear of reflector on a sheet of emery or
coarse wet-or-dry paper on flat surface.

A pillar drill makes things a lot easier than a hand drill
A sheet of glass (preferably auto) is ideal as a surface plate

I got mine (telephone order) from CAK Tanks
Tel : 0870 757 2324

-- jjj