Don't you just love caravan forums

Old January 22nd 08, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

Default Don't you just love caravan forums

If you are ever tempted to read or take part in ukcampsite.co.uk be
warned that it is a very censored and very secretive place. The
censorship takes the form of whatever the forum owners decide and no
explanation or information about it is ever forthcoming. I seem to
have got myself blacklisted goodness only knows why, I have not posted
anything contentious, or anything inflamatory, or anything that could
be in any way be considered as an attack on another member or even
anything that was even slightly off topic. I logged on at the weekend
to find that I was unable to answer any message or create a new
message or even edit my profile, I contacted the moderators who will
not explain nor do they seem to be prepared to do anything, they have
not sent me a message saying that such and such a message contravened
our rules because.................., they just censor anything that
they feel like censoring. So if there is anyone here who also
contributes to that forum or ever takes notice of any recommendations
from or even seeks recommedations for caravan sites from there, be
warned take whatever replies you get with a pinch of salt, someone
with a genuine reply may well have said something that one of their
moderators did not agree with an so that opinion or experience will
not be tolerated.
Bill Lord

Old January 23rd 08, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"bill lord" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry to hear that Bill

Its a forum I refuse to have anything to do with

I've NEVER believed in censorship

I do believe there is no necessity to use bad language

Those that do digress in that manner , get banished to the SIN BIN rapidly

I trust you and the Mrs L are well ,

By the way what's happened with Mary , I've not seen her for AGES

Regards

DieSea

Old January 23rd 08, 01:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , bill lord
writes
[...]

I never bother with forums.

After all the rants and raves and abuse in newsgroups can be quite
amusing.
--
hugh
Old January 23rd 08, 06:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy[_3_]

hugh said the following on 23/01/2008 02:54:
In message , bill lord
writes
If you are ever tempted to read or take part in ukcampsite.co.uk be
warned that it is a very censored and very secretive place.

I never bother with forums.

After all the rants and raves and abuse in newsgroups can be quite amusing.

Indeed, some people take life far too seriously, a bit of banter puts the
problems of owning a British built caravan (!) etc in perspective!

Roy
Old January 23rd 08, 07:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"bill lord" wrote in message
[...]

Then just stop using it.

Rgds

Andy R

Old January 23rd 08, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Campa-Man

"bill lord" wrote in message
[...]

I do occasionally use that forum and I find the site search useful. And it
has stopped us from making a few bad choices, but I find that you have to
take the reviews of the sites by users none to serious as some sites that I
have been to and though wonderful others have slagged into oblivion.

Old January 23rd 08, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 01:12:36 -0000, "DieSea"
wrote:

Sorry to hear that Bill

It is of no consequence, it just goes to show that what we have said
in here before on the subject is correct.

Its a forum I refuse to have anything to do with

So do I now, whether they return my permissions or not that is me out
of there.

I've NEVER believed in censorship

Nope

I do believe there is no necessity to use bad language

correct

Those that do digress in that manner , get banished to the SIN BIN rapidly

I sin bin those that have nothing to do with caravanning and forgive
the rest, always remembering the maxim to err is human to forgive
divine

I trust you and the Mrs L are well ,

Very well, active grandparents since November.

By the way what's happened with Mary , I've not seen her for AGES

No idea.
Bill Lord

Old January 23rd 08, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 02:54:10 +0000, hugh ] wrote:

I never bother with forums.

After all the rants and raves and abuse in newsgroups can be quite
amusing.

I quite enjoy reading what people have to say and if I can help a few
people as much as I have been helped over the years then all well and
good. The rants and raves i pass over quite quickly, and make sure I
do not see them again.
Bill Lord

Old January 23rd 08, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:13:34 +0000, Roy wrote:

hugh said the following on 23/01/2008 02:54:
In message , bill lord
writes
If you are ever tempted to read or take part in ukcampsite.co.uk be
warned that it is a very censored and very secretive place.

I never bother with forums.

After all the rants and raves and abuse in newsgroups can be quite amusing.

Indeed, some people take life far too seriously, a bit of banter puts the
problems of owning a British built caravan (!) etc in perspective!

Exactly mind you I smile whenever british built vans are mentioned I
bought a german one. Mind you the outside is built like a tank and so
far has resisted all attempts by the weather to gain ingress, but the
insides are to me no more durable that anything british and are infact
a lot less durable than the 1994 award that I had previously.

Bill Lord

Old January 23rd 08, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:30:39 -0000, "Campa-Man"
wrote:

I do occasionally use that forum and I find the site search useful. And it
has stopped us from making a few bad choices, but I find that you have to
take the reviews of the sites by users none to serious as some sites that I
have been to and though wonderful others have slagged into oblivion.

I would now be very very cautious of any recommendation for a site
from that source, they obviously censor things quite substantially.
Bill Lord