damp

Old January 23rd 08, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jasper

Default damp

have asoft spot at the wood surrounding front window any suggestions
how to repair this myself would be appriaciated have done lots of
repairs over the years but not this one
Old January 23rd 08, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"jasper" wrote in message
have asoft spot at the wood surrounding front window any suggestions
how to repair this myself would be appriaciated have done lots of
repairs over the years but not this one

To do this properly needs the front exterior panel removing, and then the
inner frame removing and reparing after that.

Cheers

Old January 23rd 08, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler 2

"jasper" wrote in message
have asoft spot at the wood surrounding front window any suggestions
how to repair this myself would be appriaciated have done lots of
repairs over the years but not this one

__________________________

Some years ago I bought some plugs which are inserted into holes drilled
into damp wood it was effective on an external windowsill. The chemical
spreads thro damp wood stopping rot and hardening.

Can't think of the manufacturer but it was a well known brand, perhaps
someone else can. Think I bought them from B&Q

Cuprinol website has some suggestions. Could be an answer, they have an
advice service.

Smiler

Old January 24th 08, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , smiler 2
writes

"jasper" wrote in message
have asoft spot at the wood surrounding front window any suggestions
how to repair this myself would be appriaciated have done lots of
repairs over the years but not this one

__________________________

Some years ago I bought some plugs which are inserted into holes drilled
into damp wood it was effective on an external windowsill. The chemical
spreads thro damp wood stopping rot and hardening.

Can't think of the manufacturer but it was a well known brand, perhaps
someone else can. Think I bought them from B&Q

Cuprinol website has some suggestions. Could be an answer, they have an
advice service.

Smiler

They were very effective too. Worked by killing the bacteria that rots
the wood. I think they were by Rentokil or Ronseal possibly.
--
hugh