Toyota Verso

Old February 7th 08, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KAW

Default Toyota Verso

Anyone tow with a Verso 2.2 diesel? According to the UK brochure the towing
limit for this car is 1100kg although the 1.8 petrol, which has lower weight
and torque is given a limit of 1300kg. Whattowcar gives the limit for the
diesel as 1300kg same as the petrol - presumably this is a figure quoted in
Holland .Boith the dealer and toyota UK customer services say the the 1100kg
figure is correct although it seems illogical to both me and the dealer.
(85% of kerbweight is a bit over 1300kg.)

If I buy one and tow more than the 1100kg limit will I be illegal and/or
invalidate the warranty? I like the car but will not buy it if the 1100
limit holds.

If the toyota is out has anyone had any experience of the Renault Grand
Scenic as a towcar?

TIA
Keith

Old February 15th 08, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Trevs News Groups

Hi,

I have the Verso 2.2 diesel and was also quoted the 1100kg figure by the
dealer,
I was then given an updated brochure that listed the towing weight as 1300kg
for the diesel,
it could be that the lower figure is for when all 7 seats are in use, I
mention this because after the 1300kg quote, in brackets it then says 7
seats, only guessing though
if you do buy one you will not be disappointed, mine is an extremely good
car.

Trev

Old February 17th 08, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KAW

Thanks for that Trev.
The dealer has now been in contact with Toyota homologation and after
checking vehicle and total train weights they have authorised him to give
written confirmation that 1300kgcan be towed without any warranty problems.
As a result I've now ordered it and look forward to towing with it.

Cheers
Keith