Calling Caravan Site owners

Old February 14th 08, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
chrisatbrownbearmedia

Default Calling Caravan Site owners

Please add a short review of your local town or village amenities on

http://www.englandforall.co.uk

and include a link back to your own related website.

Thanks

Chris

http://www.englandforall.co.uk
Old February 15th 08, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BobC

On 14 Feb, 14:36, chrisatbrownbearmedia
wrote:
Please add a short review of your local town or village amenities on

http://www.englandforall.co.uk

and include a link back to your own related website.

Thanks

Chris

http://www.englandforall.co.uk

If you check it out, this site certainly needs some additional info,
and some accuracy as well!

Every place I clicked on just said "Visitors who come to stay in
[substitute any town name] are assured of a warm welcome".

For Derbyshire, it lists the main towns as being Sheffield (not in
Derbyshire but Yorkshire!) Buxton and Bakewell.
So as well as listing a town not in the county, it fails to mention
the biggest town of all... err... Derby!

As for Staffordshire, Burton-on-Trent, a town of 60,000, doesn't
exist, but Brizlincote, a housing estate in the town does! Of course
"Visitors who come to stay in Brizlicote are assured of a warm
welcome". Not sure where they stay, either the Tesco Express or the
chippy, 'cos that's all there is apart from private houses!

Maybe I'm being over critical, every web site has to start somewhere.

BobC

Old February 15th 08, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Being further critical ...

(Asked whois.nic.uk:43 about englandforall.co.uk)
Registrant:
Chris Brown
Registrant type:
UK Individual
Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to
have their
address omitted from the WHOIS servic

I'm guessing it's either a hobby site or a site setup to gather 'hits'
that may provide revenue .. or is that a bit cycnical?

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi 'Big and Butch'
'98 Suzuki DR 200 Djebel 'Small but perfectly formed'
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp "When I feel fit enough'
Old February 15th 08, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
A700

wrote:
[...]

They're going to update the entry for Burton upon Trent, as soon as they can
find someone to type the update in Urdu.

It's a great town - first it was all-white, then it was proudly
'multicultural, now it's got all the sights, smells and charm of
akistan. - a visit to Burton is as culturally enriching as a trip to
Lahore, and quite a lot cheaper.

Every caravanner should be sure to put it on their 2008 list.........why
trail all the way down to Devon when you can photograph blind sore
encrusted\beggars in Burton market square, or marvel at the architecture of
the Al-Cordite Mosque?

Old February 15th 08, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave D

wrote:
[...]

I had you sussed out from the moment you appeared didn't I?

Old February 15th 08, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
A700

"Dave D" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

I duuno - nor care.