truma fault codes

Old February 16th 08, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
icky

Default truma fault codes

Hi All
I've got a 1983 hymer 660s, we went out in it for the first time this week,
all was well but the hot water stopped working, the boiler is a truma (not
sure what model though). on the control panel it has a temp controle knob
and 3 led lights on start up it used to flick from red to green a few times
and then go to green and amber and then green but now its just stuck on red
any thoughts ideas where to start looking would be apreciated
Thanks in advance
Icky

Old February 16th 08, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Nigel

"icky" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi All
I've got a 1983 hymer 660s, we went out in it for the first time this

week,
all was well but the hot water stopped working, the boiler is a truma (not
sure what model though). on the control panel it has a temp controle knob
and 3 led lights on start up it used to flick from red to green a few

times
and then go to green and amber and then green but now its just stuck on

red
any thoughts ideas where to start looking would be apreciated
Thanks in advance
Icky

Have you checked that you have any gas in the bottles and that gas is
getting through the pipes? In my experience with our Truma a red light
tells me no gas (or I've forgotten to turn the gas on!)

If your hob/oven works then this isn't the problem (unless you've switched
the gas flow to the truma boiler off using the gas taps near the sink), but
it's one thing you can eliminate.

Nigel.

Old February 16th 08, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Angus

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 10:33:47 -0000, "Nigel"
wrote:

"icky" wrote in message
[...]

We had two similar problems recently although on a more modern boiler.
Light went to green and flicked to red so for some reason it was not
lighting.

1: Was because I found a collection of gas taps in the sink cupboard
and turned off the one I thought was for the outside gas point (BBQ?).
It wasn't it supplied the boiler :-)

2: Was we never had any water in the boiler.

Obvious really but worth a check.

Speaking of the BBQ point outside the van it looks like a push on
fitting with a large red tap. Is this a BBQ point and if so where can
I get the fittings for this?
Old February 16th 08, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Nigel

wrote:

"icky" wrote in message
[...]

Yes - this is the BBQ point. Standard fittings available from any good
Motorhome/Caravan accessory shop.

Nigel.

Old February 17th 08, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Angus

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:37:45 -0000, "Nigel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"icky" wrote in message
[...]

That's handy. Could it be used to feed gas back in to the van, say in
a small emergency bottle if I'm caught short? Must be other uses for
it.

Old February 17th 08, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Nigel

"Angus" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:37:45 -0000, "Nigel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"icky" wrote in message
[...]

Don't think that that is recommended! If you're carrying a small spare
bottle why not hook it up in the normal way?

Nigel.

Old February 17th 08, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Josiah Jenkins

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:39:43 -0000, "Nigel"
wrote:
"Angus" wrote
"Nigel" wrote:

Speaking of the BBQ point outside the van it looks like a push on
fitting with a large red tap.

Yes - this is the BBQ point. Standard fittings available from any good
Motorhome/Caravan accessory shop.

That's handy. Could it be used to feed gas back in to the van, say in
a small emergency bottle if I'm caught short?

Don't think that that is recommended !

It's definitely not recommended. The instructions for my Truma
BBQ outlet specifically state it should only be used as a 'take-off'.

Old February 18th 08, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Angus

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:39:43 -0000, "Nigel"
wrote:

"Angus" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:37:45 -0000, "Nigel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"icky" wrote in message
[...]

It means unplugging regulators etc. Just a thought.
Old February 18th 08, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Gazz

"Angus" wrote in message
That's handy. Could it be used to feed gas back in to the van, say in
a small emergency bottle if I'm caught short? Must be other uses for
it.

Don't think that that is recommended! If you're carrying a small spare
bottle why not hook it up in the normal way?

It means unplugging regulators etc. Just a thought.

i used to do this with my van, i have a fixed lpg tank, so can't easily just
connect another 'bottle' up if i was to run out and not be able to find a
filler station.

u used to carry one of the smallest propane bottles... 3.9 kgs i think, with
a regulator on it, short length of hose and a bbq fitting.

If the tank ran dry... this was before i put the repeater level guage inside
the van, i'd turn off the tank's main valve, connect the emergancy bottle to
the bq point, and open the bbq points gas isolator, worked fine.

dont need to do it now as i only have the cooker, oven and genny that run on
gas, so my tank lasts me most of a year,

Thing is it's humans who own motorhomes, and some of them arent fit to own a
push bike... it's not that unlikely that some one would try to feed
unregulated gas back into the system using the bbq point, thinking the
regulator on the tank'bottle in the system will sort it out,
wasnt a problem when you could only get bottle mounted regulators, but with
the new regulators that are seperate, it's fairly easy to jury rig an
unregulated gas supply by using a pig tail that should go from the bottles
outlet to the wall mounted regulator.

Old February 18th 08, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
icky

"Gazz" wrote in message

"Angus" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for advice .
Had a chat wiyh local caravan service centre the bloke there says that
if the red lights on solid without trying to flick to different different
colours it is the circuit board thats gone. becuase its not going through
the ignition sequence does this sound about right or is he just trying to
sell me a new boiler as parts for this model are now obsolete
Thanks in advance once more
Icky