folding caravan?

Old February 24th 08, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ecneps

Default folding caravan?

Hi
My question is for folding caravan owners or previous owners of folding
caravans I am contemplating buying a folding caravan could anyone please
tell me if you are charged the same site fees as . full sized caravans or do
they charge you trailer tent rates?

Old February 24th 08, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stuart

ecneps wrote:
Hi
My question is for folding caravan owners or previous owners of folding
caravans I am contemplating buying a folding caravan could anyone please
tell me if you are charged the same site fees as . full sized caravans or do
they charge you trailer tent rates?

Hi,
Had a folder for a while and you are treated the same as a caravan.
Basically once you're unfolded and set up with your awning or whatever
you are the same as anyone else with an ordinary caravan.
Old February 24th 08, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:16:48 GMT, "ecneps"
wrote:

Hi
My question is for folding caravan owners or previous owners of folding
caravans I am contemplating buying a folding caravan could anyone please
tell me if you are charged the same site fees as . full sized caravans or do
they charge you trailer tent rates?

I can only comment upon the sites that I have been to where the
charges are based upon a single unit plus charges per individual.
Whether the unit is a trailer tent, a folding caravan a single axle
caravan a twin axle caravan or a motorhoime great or small the
charges are still the same.
Bill Lord

Old February 25th 08, 06:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

I must admit, over the last goodness knows how many years, I have only
ever seen two price structures for caravan/camping.

Canvas products that you sleep on the floor and trailer products where
you sleep off the floor.

Tents = canvas
Trailers = Trailer tents/caravans and motorhomes

Old February 25th 08, 06:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Sorry, cat sent message before I could finish it!!

On 25 Feb, 07:19, wrote:
I must admit, over the last goodness knows how many years, I have only
ever seen two price structures for caravan/camping.

Canvas products that you sleep on the floor and trailer products where
you sleep off the floor.

Tents = canvas
Trailers = Trailer tents/caravans and motorhomes

Folding caravans, due to being of the type Trailer would indeed be
charged Caravan fee's.

The diffrence in fee's from canvas to trailer is because in a canvas
product (Tent) were excepted to have a smaller footprint, plus only
very basic facilities., where a trailer (Trailer tent/caravan/
motorhome would have a much larger footprint and use most if not all
the facilities available within the unit itself.

Many sites have just a unit price, where you pay for the unit and not
occupants, other charge unit and occupants, plus any assesories you
may take ie. awning, boat, extra car etc.
If a site has electric that is usually included in the site fees now.
The seperate charging of electric is mainly used on sites where a tent
has the facility to use it. (It is class as an option for canvas not
trailer)

Pricing is a very tricky subject, but shop around local to where you
want to visit and I am sure you will be able to get a good deal.
Old February 25th 08, 06:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous[_2_]

On 25 Feb, 07:19, wrote:
I must admit, over the last goodness knows how many years, I have only
ever seen two price structures for caravan/camping.

Canvas products that you sleep on the floor and trailer products where
you sleep off the floor.

Tents = canvas
Trailers = Trailer tents/caravans and motorhomes

Folding caravans, due to being of the type Trailer would indeed be
charged Caravan fee's.

The diffrence in fee's from canvas to trailer is because in a canvas
product (Tent) were excepted to have a smaller footprint, plus only
very basic facilities., where a trailer (Trailer tent/caravan/
motorhome would have a much larger footprint and use most if not all
the facilities available within the unit itself.

Many tents have now become very large and some of them are irregular shapes.
As a consequence sites have been changing their pricing for tents and often
charge by the berths in the tent.

We have a 6 berth tent for 4 of us and some places will charge us more than
a caravan and awning, despite our tent having a smaller footprint.

Neb

Old February 25th 08, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"ecneps" wrote in message
Hi
My question is for folding caravan owners or previous owners of folding
caravans I am contemplating buying a folding caravan could anyone please
tell me if you are charged the same site fees as . full sized caravans or
do they charge you trailer tent rates?

If you occupy a whole caravan pitch why should the price be any different ?

Richard

Old February 27th 08, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Campa-Man

"ecneps" wrote in message
Hi
My question is for folding caravan owners or previous owners of folding
caravans I am contemplating buying a folding caravan could anyone please
tell me if you are charged the same site fees as . full sized caravans or
do they charge you trailer tent rates?

*most* sites charge for a pitch which may or may not include a certain
number of people and then charge for extra persons, dogs, pup tents etc.
irrelevant of the type of unit.

Old March 5th 08, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Foster

"ecneps" wrote in message
Hi
My question is for folding caravan owners or previous owners of folding
caravans I am contemplating buying a folding caravan could anyone please
tell me if you are charged the same site fees as . full sized caravans or
do they charge you trailer tent rates?

My experience has been 'charged as a caravan' on sites, both here and
western Europe.

EXCEPT on French (toll) motorways I was always charged as a trailer (still
true of my pop-top, only 1m 98cm tall and I go through the toll booths with
height restriction just to avoid discussion and the queues!).