Poland /Germany

Old February 29th 08, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave Smith

Default Poland /Germany

My wife and I hope to drive from Calais, across Germany and into
southern to mid Poland. We have done wild camping in the UK but have
decided that it probably is not safe to do so in Poland.

In the UK we like small 5 van type sites. I understand that there are
Stelplatz in Germany that work like the aires in France. Are there any
similar set ups in Poland? Are they safe to stay on? Has anybody got
any advice/recommendations for sites etc in Poland (or even Germany) please?

Thanks in advance
Old March 1st 08, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Nigel

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
My wife and I hope to drive from Calais, across Germany and into
southern to mid Poland. We have done wild camping in the UK but have
decided that it probably is not safe to do so in Poland.

In the UK we like small 5 van type sites. I understand that there are
Stelplatz in Germany that work like the aires in France. Are there any
similar set ups in Poland? Are they safe to stay on? Has anybody got
any advice/recommendations for sites etc in Poland (or even Germany)

please?

Thanks in advance

Dave:

We've been to Poland a few times - no equivalent of Aires/Stellplatz.

Campsites aren't too expensive - around 8 - 10 per night equivalent (2
people + Motorhome).

I'd suggest getting the latest campsite map/directory form the Polish
Camping Federation as sites do come and go - get a 2008 print.

We got ours mail order from Stanfords books in London.

Hope this helps.

Nigel.

Old March 1st 08, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Jules

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
My wife and I hope to drive from Calais, across Germany and into
southern to mid Poland. We have done wild camping in the UK but have
decided that it probably is not safe to do so in Poland.

In the UK we like small 5 van type sites. I understand that there are
Stelplatz in Germany that work like the aires in France. Are there any
similar set ups in Poland? Are they safe to stay on? Has anybody got
any advice/recommendations for sites etc in Poland (or even Germany)

please?

Thanks in advance

I have been to Dresden camping, and many times into Poland...Poland is a
great country, and the people are warm and fine...im back off to both next
month, this time in a camper van.

Goto Poland....you wont regret it. (i also did Ruegen, the German
seaside...they were shocked to see someone from England there and his dog!)

Old May 9th 08, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
David Smith

Dave Smith wrote:
My wife and I hope to drive from Calais, across Germany and into
southern to mid Poland. We have done wild camping in the UK but have
decided that it probably is not safe to do so in Poland.

In the UK we like small 5 van type sites. I understand that there are
Stelplatz in Germany that work like the aires in France. Are there any
similar set ups in Poland? Are they safe to stay on? Has anybody got
any advice/recommendations for sites etc in Poland (or even Germany)
please?

Thanks in advance

Hi
Thank you for your valuable advice - I'm getting excited already!

Oh I do apologise Nigel - my mum did teach me manners but I just forgot
them that time!
Regards
Dave