FS: Caravan and all a first timer needs.

Old March 2nd 08, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

Default FS: Caravan and all a first timer needs.

Due to a change of circumstances, I need to sell my caravan and all of my
caravanning equipment.

See http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/caravanning/ForSale.htm for more
details.

Richard
Web pages: http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/ for caravanning,
http://www.rcole.org/ for my personal web site and
http://www.homeindorset.co.uk because I love the email address.
--
I have a 9600bps modem and 1.5bps fingers.
Old March 2nd 08, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Trefor

Default Caravan and all a first timer needs.

Hey, that looks very tidy and a fair price, if I didn't already have one I
would buy it!

Trefor

Old March 2nd 08, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Semprini

"Richard Cole" wrote in message
Due to a change of circumstances, I need to sell my caravan and all of my
caravanning equipment.

A change of circumstances to 5 per gallon - and rising, I suppose?

Can't say I blame you, and you are wise to get in now as there is going to
be a mass exodus before too long.

Good luck with your sale.

Old March 2nd 08, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 19:27:53 -0000, "Semprini" wrote:

"Richard Cole" wrote in message
.. .
Due to a change of circumstances, I need to sell my caravan and all of my
caravanning equipment.

A change of circumstances to 5 per gallon - and rising, I suppose?

No a massive lack of confidence when towing. The cost doesn't really come
into it.

Can't say I blame you, and you are wise to get in now as there is going to
be a mass exodus before too long.

Good luck with your sale.

Thanks

Old March 2nd 08, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Trefor

Hey Richard

Everyone has the jitters the first few times.

Try easy short trips to start with.

Also, I find Sundays a good day, less lorries to contend with, and other
drivers not so aggresive

Hang in there

Trefor

Old March 2nd 08, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 20:24:13 -0000, "Trefor"
wrote:

Hey Richard

Everyone has the jitters the first few times.

Try easy short trips to start with.

Also, I find Sundays a good day, less lorries to contend with, and other
drivers not so aggresive

Hang in there

Trefor

I've been caravanning now for over 30 years, all over the UK and France, so
I'm afraid it's not a question of the 1st few times, but of the 'last few
times'.

I just can't maintain any longer the extremely high levels of concentration
that you need while towing.
I'm OK at the start but after about 60 or 70 miles I start really panicking
that we're not going to find somewhere to stop 'real soon now'. If I manage
to get drive over 100 miles from 1 site to the next, I'm so mentally
knackered that it takes 2-3 days before we can move on. Not very good when
touring in France for only 2 weeks.

Driving itself isn't a problem, as solo I can and do drive several
hundred's of miles in a day without worrying in either my big Mercedes or
my wife's little C2, it makes no difference.

I feel it's better to stop now before I lose concentration and cause a
problem.

Old March 3rd 08, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
tony h

wrote:

[...]

looks a good set-up and deal. i hope when i reach the stage where i should
tow no more i am as honest as you.

Old March 3rd 08, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

We also have caravanned for many years home and abroad.
Its occurred to me that one day we shall probably have to stop. I hope I
reach that point with the same degree of pragmatism and honesty that you
have. Best wishes to you for the future

Mikw

Old March 3rd 08, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave D

wrote:

[...]

Sorry to hear it Richard. But thanks for telling us. All the best for the
future.
Regards.
David.