North East

Old March 14th 08, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoffrey Leese

Default North East

We are looking for a caravan site/cl close to the A1 or A19 in the north
east as close to Jarrow/Newcastle as possible. We are coming from the
Manchester area so want a site this side of the Tyne.
We have tried Finchale Abbey (not easy to get to) looked at Strawberry Farm,
we have stayed at the Caravan Club site at Durham nice site same price as
Finchale so we are looking for something cheaper.
Not much to want, easy access site 8 - 10 pun with electric, near a pub
would be good.

Geoff

Old March 14th 08, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:28:16 GMT, "Geoffrey Leese"
wrote:

We are looking for a caravan site/cl close to the A1 or A19 in the north
east as close to Jarrow/Newcastle as possible. We are coming from the
Manchester area so want a site this side of the Tyne.
We have tried Finchale Abbey (not easy to get to) looked at Strawberry Farm,
we have stayed at the Caravan Club site at Durham nice site same price as
Finchale so we are looking for something cheaper.
Not much to want, easy access site 8 - 10 pun with electric, near a pub
would be good.

Geoff

Baxterwood Farm CL at Durham is a very pleasant place, easy access
cheap, pub quite close, no electrics just a tap and an emptying point.
Down by the river and very quiet, it's a lovely spot.

Bill Lord

Old April 26th 08, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On Mar 14, 10:28*am, "Geoffrey Leese" wrote:
We are looking for a caravan site/cl close to the A1 or A19 in the north
east as close to Jarrow/Newcastle as possible. *We are coming from the
Manchester area so want a site this side of the Tyne.
We have tried Finchale Abbey (not easy to get to) looked at Strawberry Farm,
we have stayed at the Caravan Club site at Durham nice site same price as
Finchale so we are looking for something cheaper.
Not much to want, easy access site 8 - 10 pun with electric, near a pub
would be good.

Geoff

Hi,
Durham Amateur Rowing Club page 324 in the caravan club book is worth
a try, near the Magistrates Court on Green Lane, it has just been
refurbished and they are great guys with a pub/club on site, dirt
cheap and well worth a visit.

regards

Jed