Compact Fluorescent interior bulbs what a rip off.

Old March 14th 08, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.caravanning
Darren B

Default Compact Fluorescent interior bulbs what a rip off.

"Gazz"

On another note one of the interior bulbs has gone. It's a 22w cool
white circular fluorescent job. Cant seem to find any 12volt ones any
where, any ideas?

: your fluorescent tube, no such thing as a 12 volt tube, they all strike
and run on about 100 volts, a mains fitting drops the voltage down, a 12
volt fitting inverts it up, they only need a few milliamps to run.

so just go to any diy shop and buy a 22 watt tube with the same size and
connections as yours... or go to a caravan shop and pay 4 times the price
for the same item.

You are quite right Gazz. I was looking for my 22w circular cool white
bulb which no one stocks around here, no one has a clue what's 12v or
240v and the caravan shops sell the 2D style for 15!! I have found
the circular ones online at up to 30 each.

I went to BDC electrical in the end and bought 4 16w 2D 4 pin bulbs at
1.69 each which saves on P&P as well.

Just goes to show.. ;-)

Old March 14th 08, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.caravanning
BILL

"Darren B" wrote in message
[...]

Not sure if its what you want but Maplins sell 22w 210diameter fluorescents
at 7.99