Honda CV

Old March 16th 08, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
mudlarks55

Default Honda CV

Hi I am looking to replace my Daihatsu Fortrak for towing my Avondale
Avocet. I am tall and find most towcars on the small side. I am looking at
Honda CV. 2006 model
Any comments would be welcome

Old March 18th 08, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
R Lingard

We tow with a 2006 diesel CRV, ( 02-06 model) you don't say which engine you
are thinking about, the 2.2 diesel tows our 2 berth Ace Diplomat with no
problem, about 720 kg unladened, not sure what the CRV maximum towing
weight is.

We have had two trips with the caravan since buying the CRV last November
and the car feels very stable and comfortable, returning about 32-33 mpg
when towing and up to 48 mpg solo, and of course you get Honda's quality
build and reliability.

Highly recommended

Old March 20th 08, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob

R Lingard wrote:
We tow with a 2006 diesel CRV, ( 02-06 model) you don't say which engine you
are thinking about, the 2.2 diesel tows our 2 berth Ace Diplomat with no
problem, about 720 kg unladened, not sure what the CRV maximum towing
weight is.

We have had two trips with the caravan since buying the CRV last November
and the car feels very stable and comfortable, returning about 32-33 mpg
when towing and up to 48 mpg solo, and of course you get Honda's quality
build and reliability.

Highly recommended

"mudlarks55" wrote in message
Hi I am looking to replace my Daihatsu Fortrak for towing my Avondale
Avocet. I am tall and find most towcars on the small side. I am looking at
Honda CV. 2006 model
Any comments would be welcome

We also tow with a 2006 Diesel CRV. No problems whatsover, towing our
Pageant Bordeaux which is 1400kg laden. It will take a 100kg noseweight
as well.
Had it from new (Nov 2006) and no probelms whatsoever. Would certainly
recommend diesel version.

Bob