Swan neck towbar????

Old March 21st 08, 06:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
George Gosbee

Default Swan neck towbar????

Hello all,

Just got a new to me car ( Cit C5 est V6 ) with a swan neck tow bar, how do
I fit a stabilizer?

TIA.

George.

Old March 21st 08, 07:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane[_2_]

"George Gosbee" wrote in
. uk:

Just got a new to me car ( Cit C5 est V6 ) with a swan neck tow bar,
how do I fit a stabilizer?

Two options:

1. Get a hitch stabiliser (e.g. AKS, Westfalia) These work directly on the
tow ball and don't need anything extra fixed to the car.

2. Get a car plate for a swan-neck towing bracket. For example, Bulldog
supply their LC8 car plate as an alternative to the standard LC1. However,
your towbar will need a parallel section reasonably close to the towball,
and so cannot be used on swan-neck towbars that taper all the way down.
See http://tinyurl.com/2b5emp (redirects to Bulldog's product page)

Of course, there is the third option to replace the existing towbar with
one that has a standard two-bolt flange (assuming one exists for the C5)

HTH,

Geoff
Old March 24th 08, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
String bag

One thing to remember is that if your car has parking sensors fitted make
sure you have a detachable towbar fitter otherwise the sensors will pick up
the tow bar whenever you go into reverse, which is when you need them! My
2006 2.0HDi auto estate makes easy work of towing and carrying everything
you need in the car instead of in the van.
. uk...

Old March 24th 08, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TTT

One thing to remember is that if your car has parking sensors fitted make
sure you have a detachable towbar fitter otherwise the sensors will pick
up the tow bar whenever you go into reverse, which is when you need them!

Hasn't been a problem with either of my cars.

Old March 24th 08, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Frosty[_2_]

"TTT" wrote in message
One thing to remember is that if your car has parking sensors fitted make
sure you have a detachable towbar fitter otherwise the sensors will pick
up the tow bar whenever you go into reverse, which is when you need them!

Hasn't been a problem with either of my cars.

New Citroen C4 Piccasso. Standard ball with chrome flipper cover, no
problem. Changed ball to Alko with plastic cover, sensors see it every time.
Poo !.

Frosty.
Caeathro &
Villa Franco del Guardalhorce

Old March 24th 08, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:29:43 -0000, "String bag"
wrote:

One thing to remember is that if your car has parking sensors fitted make
sure you have a detachable towbar fitter otherwise the sensors will pick up
the tow bar whenever you go into reverse, which is when you need them!

Mine do not pick up the towball.
Bill Lord

Old March 26th 08, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , bill lord
writes
wrote:

One thing to remember is that if your car has parking sensors fitted make
sure you have a detachable towbar fitter otherwise the sensors will pick up
the tow bar whenever you go into reverse, which is when you need them!

Mine do not pick up the towball.
Bill Lord

I've never dropped my towball so not a facility I require.
--
hugh