FAO Samantha with the dirty caravan

Old March 24th 08, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

Default FAO Samantha with the dirty caravan

How did you get on with the Silky?

I've used both Silky and Fenwicks and know which I prefer.

Mary

Old March 25th 08, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
SamanthaBooth

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
How did you get on with the Silky?

I've used both Silky and Fenwicks and know which I prefer.

Mary

Hi Mary

I havent been to do it yet, its either been raining or snowing and I only
have the mornings to do it. I wil get round to it when the weather is
better, bloody August then!

Thanks for asking Mary.Dont keep me in suspense, which do you prefer.

Old March 25th 08, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Otaku[_2_]

SamanthaBooth wrote:

I havent been to do it yet, its either been raining or snowing and I only
have the mornings to do it. I wil get round to it when the weather is
better, bloody August then!

Thanks for asking Mary.Dont keep me in suspense, which do you prefer.

I'm not Mary - she will be along in a minute...I prefer Silky - works
brilliantly.
Old March 26th 08, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"SamanthaBooth" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
How did you get on with the Silky?

I've used both Silky and Fenwicks and know which I prefer.

Mary

Hi Mary

I havent been to do it yet, its either been raining or snowing and I only
have the mornings to do it. I wil get round to it when the weather is
better, bloody August then!

Thanks for asking Mary.Dont keep me in suspense, which do you prefer.

Fenwicks is easier, I think Silky is more effective!

You pays your money and you takes your choice :-)

I know what you mean about the weather. Normally in March we're having lunch
in the garden, this year we've had rain, rain, snow, rain, hail, rain and
rain. 'Tis bugger :-(

Don't bank on August ...

Mary

Old March 26th 08, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave D

[...]

I've just been out and washed and polished the car. Meanwhile I've sneaked
in to have a little look online and I can hear Madam with the lawnmower in
the back garden. You see there are advantages :-)
Must go before I get caught.
Regards.
David.
'You can see the Isle of Wight from here'

Old March 26th 08, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Dave D" wrote in message

I've just been out and washed and polished the car. Meanwhile I've
sneaked in to have a little look online and I can hear Madam with the
lawnmower in the back garden. You see there are advantages :-)
Must go before I get caught.
Regards.
David.

Shouldn't that be Madame?

Old March 26th 08, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:00:05 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Fenwicks is easier, I think Silky is more effective!

You pays your money and you takes your choice :-)

I think a combination of the two is easier. Silky is a mild abrasive
and needs to be applied with effort onto every part that resists all
other efforts. Fenwicks or similar goes on and will remove all but the
most stuborn marks and muck simply by wiping over with a brush or a
sponge and using copious amounts of water to wash it off.
I use a similar product to fenwicks and when I have finished go over
the awkward bits with silky.
Bill Lord

Old March 26th 08, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

wrote:

Fenwicks is easier, I think Silky is more effective!

You pays your money and you takes your choice :-)

I think a combination of the two is easier. Silky is a mild abrasive
and needs to be applied with effort onto every part that resists all
other efforts. Fenwicks or similar goes on and will remove all but the
most stuborn marks and muck simply by wiping over with a brush or a
sponge and using copious amounts of water to wash it off.

Yes, it's the use of water which is a mark against it.

I use a similar product to fenwicks and when I have finished go over
the awkward bits with silky.

Twice the time!

I don't care enough, obviously :-)

Mary

Old March 26th 08, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
R A Wright

Hi a question to the group. I went to buy some caravan cleaner for my wife's
new bailey and there was a clear sign saying Bailey don't recommend
Fenwick's but do recommend Cara clean I think it is called, I have looked on
the forums and there seems to be a confusion as to why they don't and
warranties etc have you got any thoughts ?, as Fenwick's was the one much
praised in the magazines etc, and was the one I was going to get.

Rob

Old March 26th 08, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:28:08 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

I use a similar product to fenwicks and when I have finished go over
the awkward bits with silky.

Twice the time!

I don't care enough, obviously :-)

Mary

Not necessarily twice the time Mary, cleaning with fenwicks and the
like removes most of the grime, the bits I do with silky take very
little time at all there is usually very little to do.

Bill Lord