Do caravan club sell/pass on our email address?

Old March 28th 08, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

Default Do caravan club sell/pass on our email address?

I have just received a marketing email for MayDay Breakdown cover from
GreenFlag sent to my email address which I use with the caravan club (and
no-one else) ...... and I already have the cover anyway.

So does this mean the Caravan Club pass on our email addresses to other
organisations?

Richard

Old March 28th 08, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Richard" wrote in message
I have just received a marketing email for MayDay Breakdown cover from
GreenFlag sent to my email address which I use with the caravan club (and
no-one else) ...... and I already have the cover anyway.

So does this mean the Caravan Club pass on our email addresses to other
organisations?

If you only use that address for the CC then you've answered your own
question.

Rgds

Andy R

Old March 28th 08, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dieseldes

"Richard" wrote in message
I have just received a marketing email for MayDay Breakdown cover from
GreenFlag sent to my email address which I use with the caravan club (and
no-one else) ...... and I already have the cover anyway.

So does this mean the Caravan Club pass on our email addresses to other
organisations?

Richard

The Caravan Club (or rather their underwriters) run the Mayday breakdown
cover, Greenflag is the call handler, remember Greenflag or National
Breakdown as it was known a few years ago was taken over by Direct Line,
Green Flag organises the garages that come out to you and then send the
bills to the Caravan Club who will hopefully make a bit of money out of the
premiums. So even though you pay your premiums to Greenflag it is in fact
the CC who underwrite it at a profit (they hope)!

Now that's as clear as mud!

Des

Old March 28th 08, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

Richard wrote:

I have just received a marketing email for MayDay Breakdown cover from
GreenFlag sent to my email address which I use with the caravan club
(and no-one else) ...... and I already have the cover anyway.

So does this mean the Caravan Club pass on our email addresses to
other organisations?

Richard

Are you sure it came from Green Flag - and not from the CC, promoting their
particular flavour of Green Flag's service?

[I had a similar one, which I deleted in Mailwasher since I already use the
Green Flag service - so I can't go back and check the headers - but from
what I remember it appeared to have come from the CC]
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old March 28th 08, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
Richard wrote:

I have just received a marketing email for MayDay Breakdown cover from
GreenFlag sent to my email address which I use with the caravan club
(and no-one else) ...... and I already have the cover anyway.

So does this mean the Caravan Club pass on our email addresses to
other organisations?

Richard

Are you sure it came from Green Flag - and not from the CC, promoting
their particular flavour of Green Flag's service?

[I had a similar one, which I deleted in Mailwasher since I already use
the Green Flag service - so I can't go back and check the headers - but
from what I remember it appeared to have come from the CC]
--
Cheers,
Roger

Well I have read it now (didn't bother before as I am already in the
scheme).

The main body and content of the email would indicate that it has come from
CC, but the headers don't really mean anything to me.

Richard

Old March 28th 08, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

Richard wrote:

[...]

I am sure that you can opt out of e-mail notifications if you log onto the
CC website. There may even have been a link on the mail you received.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old March 28th 08, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Richard" wrote in message
I have just received a marketing email for MayDay Breakdown cover from GreenFlag
sent to my email address which I use with the caravan club (and no-one else)
...... and I already have the cover anyway.

So does this mean the Caravan Club pass on our email addresses to other
organisations?

Richard

I've NEVER had any unsolicited Emails from any one associated with the caravan
club

I've been using their web site for as long as I can remember

Perhaps I've got the right boxes ticked

Or

It may be because I'm a member of Green Flag through the Caravan Club

And very happy with the service they give when I've had a problem

DieSea

Old March 29th 08, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

I would suggest that Greenflag is a members benefit for any members of
the club.
As Greenflag MayDay service is set up for the members only, that is
the reason why you received the email. So, as a member of the Caravan
Club you WILL get members offers sent you whch are set up for the
members only.

I am sure you would complain for you did not receive such emails,
which lead you to miss out on a members only offer etc!!