Towing with X-Trail

Old March 30th 08, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Howard Morgan

Default Towing with X-Trail

I'm thinking of buying a New X-trail - but cannot decide whether to have the
Auto or manual gearbox (Petrol or Diesel). I know that with the Auto you can
still use it in manual shift which I think would be better for towing. Is
there a big difference in fuel consumption between Auto / Manual and Petrol
/ Diesel

Any contributions would be helpful

Many thanks

Howard Morgan

Old March 30th 08, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
terrys

"Howard Morgan" wrote in message
I'm thinking of buying a New X-trail - but cannot decide whether to have
the Auto or manual gearbox (Petrol or Diesel). I know that with the Auto
you can still use it in manual shift which I think would be better for
towing. Is there a big difference in fuel consumption between Auto /
Manual and Petrol / Diesel

Any contributions would be helpful

Many thanks

Howard Morgan

I tow with an X-trail diesel I love it ... Rock solid comfortable and full
of poower.. Fuel consumption towing
about 25 mpg I measure it meticulously I can give you more precise figures
if you like.

Terrys