Crystal Maxi Pump

Old April 9th 08, 08:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KHBlue

Default Crystal Maxi Pump

We have a 2004 Swift Challenger with a 'Crystal Maxi Pump'. The flow has
always been pretty abysmal and I wondered if you can now get a pump with a
better flow using the same connections?
Steve.

Old April 9th 08, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
run4cover

"KHBlue" wrote in message
We have a 2004 Swift Challenger with a 'Crystal Maxi Pump'. The flow has
always been pretty abysmal and I wondered if you can now get a pump with a
better flow using the same connections?
Steve.

This might help.

We have a Crystal 'Thames' assembly that also had a poor flow rate.

The problem seems to be the non-return valve fitted into the inlet of the
crystal housing - it's small bore and restricts the flow. Thus, no matter
how good the pump is, it cannot shift water faster than the crystal NRV
bottleneck will allow.

In our case, I prised out the NRV (easily done) and fitted an in-line NRV in
the pipework next to the filter assembly. It made a noticeable difference.
The difference in bore size between the two valves isn't huge but it's
enough to improve things.

Old April 12th 08, 01:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
run4cover

"run4cover" wrote in message

"KHBlue" wrote in message
We have a 2004 Swift Challenger with a 'Crystal Maxi Pump'. The flow has
always been pretty abysmal and I wondered if you can now get a pump with
a better flow using the same connections?
Steve.

This might help.

We have a Crystal 'Thames' assembly that also had a poor flow rate.

The problem seems to be the non-return valve fitted into the inlet of the
crystal housing - it's small bore and restricts the flow. Thus, no matter
how good the pump is, it cannot shift water faster than the crystal NRV
bottleneck will allow.

In our case, I prised out the NRV (easily done) and fitted an in-line NRV
in the pipework next to the filter assembly. It made a noticeable
difference. The difference in bore size between the two valves isn't huge
but it's enough to improve things.

This is precisely why this news group is defunct - thankless ****ers like
the OP who can't be arsed to acknowledge help given.

To the OP - you are an ungraceful ****, and I hope you die in a multiple
pile up on the M5, or that you contract Legionnaires disease from your
****ing water system and die a slow and lingering death.

I will no longer contribute anything helpful to this NG - let it be given
over to ****ing Chinamen selling fake Addis running shoes!

**** on UKRC, and all who subscribe to it.

Old April 12th 08, 05:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KHBlue

erm..............u on drugs?
What's an OP?
I've only just read your reply - thankyou, why you should want to mention
the 'C' word I don't know!
I only put it on the newsgroup 3 days ago - is there a time limit so you can
be abusive after 3 days?
Steve.

Old April 12th 08, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy[_3_]

KHBlue said the following on 12/04/2008 06:18:
erm..............u on drugs?
What's an OP?
I've only just read your reply - thankyou, why you should want to mention
the 'C' word I don't know!
I only put it on the newsgroup 3 days ago - is there a time limit so you can
be abusive after 3 days?
Steve.

"run4cover" wrote in message

observe the times of the messages - normal folk are tucked up in bed
dreaming sweet dreams - unfortunately others aren't, most OPs eventually
acknowledge contributions or give details of the solution, no time limit
imposed but within living memory of the thread is appreciated

Roy
Old April 12th 08, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 06:18:50 +0100, "KHBlue"
wrote:

erm..............u on drugs?
What's an OP?
I've only just read your reply - thankyou, why you should want to mention
the 'C' word I don't know!
I only put it on the newsgroup 3 days ago - is there a time limit so you can
be abusive after 3 days?
Steve.

Ignore him, people like that end up being not read by most people.
Bill Lord

Old April 13th 08, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KHBlue

wrote:

erm..............u on drugs?
What's an OP?
I've only just read your reply - thankyou, why you should want to mention
the 'C' word I don't know!
I only put it on the newsgroup 3 days ago - is there a time limit so you
can
be abusive after 3 days?
Steve.

Ignore him, people like that end up being not read by most people.
Bill Lord

Point taken, thanks.
Steve.