Awning sizes

Old April 9th 08, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JoeCat

Default Awning sizes

My caravan takes a size 13 Awning 960 can I fit a smaller Awning to it
sy size 12...I'm new to this caravanning...
Old April 9th 08, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"JoeCat" wrote in message
My caravan takes a size 13 Awning 960 can I fit a smaller Awning to it
sy size 12...I'm new to this caravanning...

Yes, BUT it will look silly if it needs a size 13

Please reply to News Group

Old April 9th 08, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 07:14:23 -0700 (PDT), JoeCat
wrote:

My caravan takes a size 13 Awning 960 can I fit a smaller Awning to it
sy size 12...I'm new to this caravanning...

Measure the A measurement which is from a point about 6 inches in
front of the caravan body up and around all the awning rail and down
to a similar point at the back of the caravan. A 960 awning is
designed to be used for an A measurement of 948 to 963 cm, a size 12
which is 935 cm long is designed for an A measuremnet of 923 cm to
948cm. If your caravan has an A measurement greater than 948 the
awning will not fit, you will be unable peg it down so that there is
no gap under the front or the back skirt.
However if you would be happy for the awning to look like a porch you
could take an A measurement starting on the ground just behind where
the front window finishes and going srtaight up to the awning rail and
then around to the back of the caravan and you could buy an awning of
this size and a few extra poles and bits ( any dealer will help you )
and you could use this as a large porch awning.

Bill Lord