CC Insurance Rip -Off

Old April 11th 08, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

Default CC Insurance Rip -Off

I had caravan and campervan insured with CC. I sold the campervan in
January and so pending delivery of new one in March (but that's another
story) thought I might as well cancel it's insurance.

The insures (NGI Group) gave me pro rata rebate, less 5.00 admin fee
which I wouldn't quibble about. But then the CC applied a 30.00 charge.
I was told verbally that this would be refunded if I insured the new
vehicle with them but they have refused to put this in writing.

So based on comments on another thread I will be looking at CIS and NFU
when the new motorhome eventually arrives and then again when the
caravan insurance comes up. I went to the CC because the choice for twin
axles is rather limited but I have a single axle now so that's not a
problem

Result is they've lost two policies, but will they care?
--
hugh
Old April 12th 08, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tim

You could try Towergate Baker,ive just switched from the caravan club and
saved 100 on my next years ins on my Fleetwood Heritage.Plus the cover is
much better,im well pleased.
Atb
Tim

Old April 14th 08, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Tim
writes
You could try Towergate Baker,ive just switched from the caravan club and
saved 100 on my next years ins on my Fleetwood Heritage.Plus the cover is
much better,im well pleased.
Atb
Tim

Will give them a call when the time comes
Thanks
--
hugh
Old April 15th 08, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Campa-Man

"hugh" ] wrote in message
[...]

Have found over the years most of the policies for caravans, motorhomes,
campervans that I have had have very limited rebates if you finish them
early, I was told that its something to do with mirroring no claims from my
daily drive car, or because its a heavily discounted premium in the first
place.

Old April 15th 08, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Campa-Man
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like bull**** to me. Why would they heavily discount the premium
other than for low risk? The insurers in this case only charged 5.00.
It's the grasping middlemen - in this case the CC - who have taken 30
for passing a piece of paper across the desk. Most likely they would
justify it (to themselves) as taking the profit on the whole 12 months
for a service which hasn't been supplied. But as I explained their short
sighted approach has cost them two ongoing policies.
--
hugh