towing mirrors

Old April 14th 08, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
howie

Default towing mirrors

any recommendations on reasonable priced towing mirrors ?
Howie

Old April 17th 08, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave D

"howie" wrote in message
any recommendations on reasonable priced towing mirrors ?
Howie

A couple of years back I bought the pukka Opel mirrors for my Vectra. I
think they were about 75 but are the finest mirrors I have ever owned.
Made of cast aluminium, they fit easily over the car mirrors and the view
down both sides is superb. I have a carrier bag full of about six various
strap on mirrors that are free too a good home.

Regards.
Dave.

Old April 17th 08, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:18:42 GMT, "howie"
wrote:

any recommendations on reasonable priced towing mirrors ?
Howie

Try the Suck-it-and-see.
I have used a pair for a year now. They stick onto the glass, so they
can be adjusted while you are driving (no having to get your partner
to adjust the nearside mirror) and no, they don't fall off if you make
sure the glass is dry before fitting. Just get the flat glass mirrors
for both sides, I tried the convex one on the nearside as recommended
and couldn't get used to it, too much magnification probably.
Old April 17th 08, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

artleknock wrote:

Try the Suck-it-and-see.
I have used a pair for a year now. They stick onto the glass, so they
can be adjusted while you are driving (no having to get your partner
to adjust the nearside mirror) and no, they don't fall off if you make
sure the glass is dry before fitting. Just get the flat glass mirrors
for both sides, I tried the convex one on the nearside as recommended
and couldn't get used to it, too much magnification probably.

I haven't used that brand, and clearly curvature is a personal
thing. BTW, they don't magnify, they make the image smaller, and
thus increase the area visible.

Over the years I only ever had one pair with flat glass, and the
angle of view on the nearside was so small that I couldn't see
anything like enough.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Old April 17th 08, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
howie

thanx for the replys,one for one against on the convex issue i see ;0)
im looking at some smats on ebay at the moment, i considered milencos but i
see they got a bit of a pasting on another forum for quality-seeming to
degrade fairly quickly,must admit to fancying the suck-its nice to hear
they're recommended
Howie