Price of fuel in France and/or Spain

Old April 26th 08, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Donwill

Default Price of fuel in France and/or Spain

Anybody been abroad lately? am trying to get an idea of costs for holiday,
driving down through France to Southern Spain.
Cost of Diesel I want really,
Cheers
Don

Old April 26th 08, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dutchman

Whatever the UK price of diesel, deduct 30% and you will find the price.
France is a little more than Belgium and if you plan your route Luxemburg is
around 40% cheaper You can also check this site
http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/eupetrolprices/ Dutchman

Old April 26th 08, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tom Lea[_2_]

"Dutchman" wrote in message
Whatever the UK price of diesel, deduct 30% and you will find the price.
France is a little more than Belgium and if you plan your route Luxemburg
is around 40% cheaper You can also check this site
http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/eupetrolprices/ Dutchman
"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote in message
Anybody been abroad lately? am trying to get an idea of costs for
holiday, driving down through France to Southern Spain.
Cost of Diesel I want really,
Cheers
Don

Not the same for petrol then! Looking at the site quoted unleaded petrol in
France is 1.323 Euro. At the current rate of exchange 1.223 Euro/pound (M&S)
makes unleaded about 1.08 pound per litre. I am currently paying 1.06 per
litre.

Diesel 1.176 Euro equivalent to 0.96 pound per litre. Daughter is currently
paying 1.13 pound, about 17% more.

Tom

Old April 27th 08, 12:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Miller[_2_]

"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote in message
Anybody been abroad lately? am trying to get an idea of costs for holiday,
driving down through France to Southern Spain.
Cost of Diesel I want really,
Cheers
Don

I was in France a couple of weeks ago. (Snowed-in at Boulogne!) Cheapest
supermarket diesel was ?1.22 and on the autoroutes it was up around ?1.36.
Prices in the UK have gone up since then, so French prices may also have
increased. I got diesel in Belgium at ?1.12. Can't help with Spain.

For any who are interested, I also bought a telepass responder before I went
via the www.sanef.com/fr website which worked a treat and saved a lot of
hassle and time. No fiddling with cash or credit cards - just billed to my
UK credit card - magic! Pity it doesn't work with the caravan on the back!

John Miller

Old April 27th 08, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gwilym

"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote in message
Anybody been abroad lately? am trying to get an idea of costs for holiday,
driving down through France to Southern Spain.
Cost of Diesel I want really,
Cheers
Don

Two weeks ago I paid 1.22 euros per ltr diesel at Leclerc supermarket in
Boulogne sur mer.On motorways it was 1.35-1.38 depending where and which
fuel supplier.
Gwilym

Old April 28th 08, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Scott[_3_]

a good up to date guide www.day-tripper.net lots of info. What a shame we
didn't go into the Euro last year @ 1-48

Old April 29th 08, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gwilym

John
Have tried to locate the telepass transponder on the site you gave but with
no success. Could you help please as I travel in France quite a lot and do
find the tolls a bit of a chore!!! I could only find commercial payment
systems. Where am I going wrong?
TIA.
Gwilym

Old April 29th 08, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Miller[_2_]

"gwilym" wrote in message
news
[...]

Ah! - I had forgotten that you have to use the French site to apply for the
badge - I couldn't find any way into the process from the UK version either.
It helps if you can read a bit of French, but if not use something like
Babelfish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/) which will give an approximate
translation.

On the French site, there's a box on the RH side with a rolling "Liber-t"
logo - that's what they call the transponder. If you click on that, you'll
go to a page with a choice of 3 boxes on the bottom. Unless you go to France
very regularly, you'll want the monthly option labelled "Formule mensuelle"
For this you pay ?30 deposit on the box + ?3 P&P. Then ?2 service charge for
each month in which you use the service (plus whatever tolls you incur)
When you get to the next page, choose the subscribe on-line option (en
ligne) and on the next page click the "un particular" button which should
give you the form asking for your name & address, etc. This is fairly
straightforward, tick the box to say you accept the T&C , go to the next
page (Etape suivante) and then you'll be asked for the credit card details
that you want to use for the charges. You can cancel (Annuler) the process
at any stage if you're not happy. Assuming all goes well, the box will
arrive by post within a week or so along with a instruction leaflet which is
written in French, but has an English translation alongside each section in
much smaller type.

Hope this helps, but feel free to email me if you need further assistance
(remove the .spam)

John

Old April 30th 08, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Donwill

Many thanks for the replies.
Cheers
Don

Old May 8th 08, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woody[_3_]

"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote in message
Anybody been abroad lately? am trying to get an idea of costs for
holiday, driving down through France to Southern Spain.
Cost of Diesel I want really,
Cheers
Don

This site will give you up-to-date prices for the whole of France - a
gov site.

http://www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr/

--
Woody