Caravan site in Pembrokeshire

Old April 28th 08, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mark Stowell

Default Caravan site in Pembrokeshire

Can anyone recommend a quiet, not too big site in the area between Strumble
Head and St Anne's Head, ideally close to the sea . We would prefer if it
had hook-ups but don't want a clubhouse or entertainment, however a decent
pub within a mile would be a bonus. We are Caravan Club Members but a good
independent site would be equally acceptable.

Many thanks
Mark

Old May 1st 08, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dystopia[_2_]

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:09:22 +0100, "Mark Stowell"
wrote:

Can anyone recommend a quiet, not too big site in the area between Strumble
Head and St Anne's Head, ideally close to the sea . We would prefer if it
had hook-ups but don't want a clubhouse or entertainment, however a decent
pub within a mile would be a bonus. We are Caravan Club Members but a good
independent site would be equally acceptable.

Many thanks
Mark

There is a small Caravan & Camping Club site about five miles NE of St
Davids on the B4583 at Cwmwdig Water, SM806305.

There are hook-ups but I think you would need to book because I doubt
whether it would accommodate more than say 30 units (Tele: 01348
831376). It has the C&CC's usual very high standard of amenities but
no club house or any other entertainment facilities. The only
draw-back is the grumpy site managers. it is very accessible but
there are no special facilities for the disabled.

More at:
http://www.siteseeker.co.uk/aspx/det...&currentPage=0

It's a 1.5 Km walk to the beach at Aber Eiddy and nearer to the
Pembrokeshire Coastal Path. There is a 1st class pub serving
excellent food, inside or outside on a heated patio, at Porthgain
about 3Km up the coast or several restaurants and pubs at St Davids 7
Km to the SW.

--

Dystopia
Old May 1st 08, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

wrote:

[...]

Then of course there's always the Caravan club Site at St David's , Liether
meadows I believe

DieSea

Old May 1st 08, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

Mark Stowell submitted this idea :
Can anyone recommend a quiet, not too big site in the area between Strumble
Head and St Anne's Head, ideally close to the sea . We would prefer if it
had hook-ups but don't want a clubhouse or entertainment, however a decent
pub within a mile would be a bonus. We are Caravan Club Members but a good
independent site would be equally acceptable.

There is a tiny farm site on the opposite side of the main road to
Stackpoles, if that might be of any use?

Three or four vans in a small field, then room for probably few hundred
tents in a very large field, but never has more than two or three in
there. Nice quiet site, not well marked but around the side of a
church. It lacks a pub.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk