Citroen C5 2001 Mirrors?

Old May 5th 08, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
George Gosbee

Default Citroen C5 2001 Mirrors?

Citroen C5 2001.

What are the best fitting caravan wing mirrors?

TIA

George.

Old May 5th 08, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler

"George Gosbee" wrote in message
Citroen C5 2001.

What are the best fitting caravan wing mirrors?

TIA

George.

Morning all. FWIW

I had 2003 model. All I could find was Citroen's own. I remortgaged the
house. They are quite well designed but not well engineered as a thread
stripped so it was no
longer secure so I had to replace at short notice two years on.

I hate to say this in view of recent posts that Milenco mirrors fitted, the
new ones
are better than the old ones re fitting but because of the rake of
windscreen, they impair visibility especially when entering busy
roundabouts.

It might be worth posting on alt.autos.citroen.

Cheers Smiler

Old May 5th 08, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane[_2_]

"Smiler" wrote in
:

I hate to say this in view of recent posts that Milenco mirrors
fitted, the new ones
are better than the old ones re fitting but because of the rake of
windscreen, they impair visibility especially when entering busy
roundabouts.

I haven't tried them, but I know that Pyramid are now e-marking their Suck
it and See range. Since these stick onto the glass of the factory-fitted
door mirrors, they should work with any car. However, you will lose some if
not all of the view from the normal door mirrors.

http://www.pyramid-products.com/car_...es-towing1.htm for details.

HTH,

Geoff
Old May 8th 08, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jan

"George Gosbee" schreef in bericht
Citroen C5 2001.

What are the best fitting caravan wing mirrors?

TIA

George.

Hallo George,
I don't know if they ship to the UK, but take a look at this site
www.repusel.com for mirrors.
I use them for 5 years on my C5's 2001 and 2003 model, to my great
satisfaction. Mind you, the spring (?) in the car mirror is a bit weak, so
it might need a little help on the drivers side, look under "mirror problem
solvers"
Jan

Old May 8th 08, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Miller[_2_]

"jan" wrote in message ...

"George Gosbee" schreef in bericht
Citroen C5 2001.

What are the best fitting caravan wing mirrors?

TIA

George.

Hallo George,
I don't know if they ship to the UK, but take a look at this site
www.repusel.com for mirrors.
I use them for 5 years on my C5's 2001 and 2003 model, to my great
satisfaction. Mind you, the spring (?) in the car mirror is a bit weak, so
it might need a little help on the drivers side, look under "mirror
problem solvers"
Jan

I've used Repusel special mirrors for a few years now, but didn't realise
they'd gone up quite so much, so didn't recommend them. Also the design of
the clamping device appears to have changed from the ones I have. I got mine
from a local caravan dealer, but they can be difficult to find. To combat
the weak C5 spring, I use a bungee with plastic hooks, one end clipped
around the mirror arm and the other hooked onto the front wheel arch. Cost
next to nowt and is effective, but add some soft padding to the wheel arch
hook.

John Miller