Hymer Nova

Old May 5th 08, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

Default Hymer Nova

Hi
Thinking of parting with fair lump of dosh for a 2003 Hymer Nova 545.

Not concerned with weight,has 12 volt plus 250 volt system,fixed bed,good
condiction.

I know from research they are well built and probably resist water ingress
better
than UK built vans.

Anyone care to comment on my choice good or bad please.
Barry

Don't get to friendly with the neighbours.
You never know when you've got to upset
them.

Old May 6th 08, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Guy Barnes[_2_]

Hi Barry,

I have a hymer swing 530 KZ 2004 model 5 berth with fixed bunks. Very solid
vans no problems at all and very good to tow with my Fiat Ulysee 2.2 jtd.
We have been on the long drive down to the French riviera for the last 3
years and heading there again in July. I would certainly give it a thumbs
up.
news:[email protected]

Old May 6th 08, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

"Guy Barnes" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Hi Barry,

I have a hymer swing 530 KZ 2004 model 5 berth with fixed bunks. Very
solid vans no problems at all and very good to tow with my Fiat Ulysee 2.2
jtd.

Hi Guy
Many thanks for the reply,appreciated.

Must say I was impressed with the build quality,main reason
for change is fixed double bed and approx 30 seconds to
make up another double at the back end of van.

Since having heart op making double up in current van
with the slats is hard work.

Now got to phone round for insurance quotes.

Cheers.
Barry

Old May 16th 08, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 5 May 2008 21:46:13 +0100, "ForeverArsenal"
wrote:

Hi
Thinking of parting with fair lump of dosh for a 2003 Hymer Nova 545.

Not concerned with weight,has 12 volt plus 250 volt system,fixed bed,good
condiction.

I know from research they are well built and probably resist water ingress
better
than UK built vans.

Anyone care to comment on my choice good or bad please.

I have a 2003 Nova 470 and have been very pleased with it, externally
it is superb, and it tows really well. Internally I have had a few
problems caused by screws coming loose, (too many for my liking ), but
everything wrks as it should do, it is incredibly easy to live in.
Would I buy another Nova, yes, mind you I have no thoughts abut
replacing it, I expect to still be using it 10 years from now.
Bill Lord

Old May 16th 08, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

I know from research they are well built and probably resist water ingress
better
than UK built vans.

Sorry I missed abit, not only will they resist water ingress better
than UK built vans, in the unlikely event that water des get through
then it will do no damage. There is no wooden frame to rot, any water
getting down the screws will either end up in a hole in the aluminium
frame, or wrapped in totally waterproof polyurethane foam and to top
it off the internal layer is marine ply not the crappy stuff that
other makers use.
Bill Lord