Caravan insurance

Old May 6th 08, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

Default Caravan insurance

Looking to get insurance quotes on Hymer Nova.

Is there company's that are better/cheaper that cover
German vans or are they all much the same.

I know some years back NFU seemed to be the
choice of many,waiting for a call back from them,seems
a bit of a poor do that no one there to handle my query
at the time tho.

Are there any current flavour of the month insurance
companies for caravans please.

Have quote from Saga and Caravan club,and Saga winning
at the mo by 100.
Advice appreciated.
Barry

Old May 6th 08, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"ForeverArsenal" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Looking to get insurance quotes on Hymer Nova.

Is there company's that are better/cheaper that cover
German vans or are they all much the same.

I know some years back NFU seemed to be the
choice of many,waiting for a call back from them,seems
a bit of a poor do that no one there to handle my query
at the time tho.

Are there any current flavour of the month insurance
companies for caravans please.

Have quote from Saga and Caravan club,and Saga winning
at the mo by 100.
Advice appreciated.
Barry

I've just had a quote from the Caravan Club for a twin axle coachman

Insurance value on super 5c's about 16k just over 300.00 PA with no excess

I've only had one claim in 40 years and the insurance company I was with then made
a real pigs ear out of it

People involved with the same problem and with the Caravan Club had it all sorted
within a month

I lost a full season of caravaning and its still wrankling me yet , 8 years on

DieSea

Old May 6th 08, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

We had a long outstanding claim with the caravan club nearly two years due
to ill health we couldn't claim and when we did, they completed the claim
and handled all the insurance work and got our van repaired as it was 8
years old, we found parts ourselves, as we desperately did not want to
change it. Devitt was the insurance company then
Liz Hall

Old May 6th 08, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Liz Hall" wrote in message
We had a long outstanding claim with the caravan club nearly two years due to
ill health we couldn't claim and when we did, they completed the claim and
handled all the insurance work and got our van repaired as it was 8 years old,
we found parts ourselves, as we desperately did not want to change it. Devitt
was the insurance company then
Liz Hall

The Caravan Clubs insurance providers seem to be fair and timely

I'd sooner pay extra and not have the hassle

DieSea

Old May 7th 08, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

..

Have quote from Saga and Caravan club,and Saga winning
at the mo by 100.
Advice appreciated.
Barry

I've just had a quote from the Caravan Club for a twin axle coachman

Insurance value on super 5c's about 16k just over 300.00 PA with no
excess

DieSea

Hi Diesea.

That seems good,C/club want 322 on 2003 Hymer Nova with
value of 9000.

Have had insurance with Saga for ten yrs BUT did go though 2006
without insurance as my present van is getting old now and
thought not worth insurance any more.

2007 changed my mind and reinsured with Saga.
No convictions/claims in any way.
Appears you got good quote,maybe their anti-German :-)

Barry

Old May 7th 08, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

.

Have quote from Saga and Caravan club,and Saga winning
at the mo by 100.
Advice appreciated.
Barry

I've just had a quote from the Caravan Club for a twin axle coachman

Insurance value on super 5c's about 16k just over 300.00 PA with no excess

DieSea

Hi Diesea.

That seems good,C/club want 322 on 2003 Hymer Nova with
value of 9000.

Have had insurance with Saga for ten yrs BUT did go though 2006
without insurance as my present van is getting old now and
thought not worth insurance any more.

2007 changed my mind and reinsured with Saga.
No convictions/claims in any way.
Appears you got good quote,maybe their anti-German :-)

Barry

We're about to part with a 1996 3560/2 Wisp Ovation values at about 2.5K

With the 5C's insurance it was about 60.00 for the year from the Caravan Club

The only discount I couldn't get was the 5% for having done the CC Towing course

A bit stupid , because 40 odd years ago i was driving 60 foot Queen Mary's about

Having said that the CC is not perfect ,

They've made a dog's hind leg of the towing mirrors rules and regs

L O L

DieSea

Old May 8th 08, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woody[_3_]

"ForeverArsenal" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Looking to get insurance quotes on Hymer Nova.

Is there company's that are better/cheaper that cover
German vans or are they all much the same.

I know some years back NFU seemed to be the
choice of many,waiting for a call back from them,seems
a bit of a poor do that no one there to handle my query
at the time tho.

Are there any current flavour of the month insurance
companies for caravans please.

Have quote from Saga and Caravan club,and Saga winning
at the mo by 100.
Advice appreciated.
Barry

I have found CaravanGuard based in Halifax to be very good.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old May 8th 08, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

"Woody" wrote in message
"ForeverArsenal" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Barry

I have found CaravanGuard based in Halifax to be very good.

--
Woody

Hi Woody
Thanks for reply.
Had a quote though post this morning from Caraguard ,within the
price of a pint of beer from the one I had from Saga.

Waiting for two more to came.
Cheers.
Barry