Ideas?

Old May 19th 08, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mr Sandman

Default Ideas?

Hi all,

I'm new to caravanning, and have just purchased an nice old 1981 Carlight
Commander 132...in pretty decent nick but with some damp issues, I plan on
resealing the rails that are letting in the water with Sikoflex.

Can I have some suggestions regarding how to make use of the old onboard
water tank...currently it has been disconnected in favor of a submersible
pumped system. Although the system works ok, I'd like to somehow reinstate
the original foot pump and tank into the current set up. This is so I have
additional capacity and a back up system should the submersible system fail.
I was thinking along the lines of having 2 manual valves so that I could
switch between the two systems...or something along those lines.

Also how do you fill up these on board tanks on site? there does seem to be
some kind of an electrical contact above the tank's filling hole...did
something attach here to pump the water from an aqua roll or the like?

Cheers

Steve

Old May 19th 08, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Mr Sandman" wrote in message
et...
[...]

I have no idea about your water problems, I saw someone at the weekend
collecting water in a watering can to fill his on-board tank.

The damp is something else. If you seal to prevent ingress of water it won't
deal with the damp which is already there. If there is damp rot in the
structural timbers it won't go away, it will eventually turn to dry rot and
crumble to powder.

Mail me if you'd like to know how we solved that problem in our 70s and 60s
'vans..

Mary

Old May 30th 08, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Campa-Man

I have no idea about your water problems, I saw someone at the weekend
collecting water in a watering can to fill his on-board tank.

Yep thats one way, we use a watering can to top up our Hymer Motorhome tank

Old May 30th 08, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Fri, 30 May 2008 10:08:47 +0100, "Campa-Man"
wrote:

I have no idea about your water problems, I saw someone at the weekend
collecting water in a watering can to fill his on-board tank.

Yep thats one way, we use a watering can to top up our Hymer Motorhome tank

We use an aquaroll with a submersable pump to top up our onboard tank.

Lenny

Eurolites - the number one headlamp beam converter.
California Scents - Air Fresheners in a tin from the USA.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motor-essentials

Old May 30th 08, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

wrote:

I have no idea about your water problems, I saw someone at the weekend
collecting water in a watering can to fill his on-board tank.

Yep thats one way, we use a watering can to top up our Hymer Motorhome
tank

We use an aquaroll with a submersable pump to top up our onboard tank.

Lenny

We don't have an on-board tank, we just use an aquaroll. With a second one
so that we don't run out.

On the site I mentioned we offered the chap with the (little) watering can
the use of our second aquaroll, he refused.

shrug

I wouldn't fancy making several trips to the tap with a small can when I
could have had a large volume to fill the small can without walking - but it
takes all sorts :-)

I'm just idle.

Mary