FAO Bill Lord re Hymer 545

Old May 22nd 08, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

Default FAO Bill Lord re Hymer 545

Hi Bill.
Sorry for long delay to reply,like you been away for last time
in old van.

Thought I'd start a new thread and say thanks for your replies
regarding the Q I asked about the Hymer,also all others that
took the time to reply,thanks.

Following Andy R's idea I contacted AL-KO and they have told
me nose weight limit is 100kg,car is 112kg so should be able
to use the huge storage area under the bed a fair bit.

Thanks for the consumer unit ampage limit Bill.most useful.

Went ahead and picked the Hymer up on Sat and went though
all with dealer with van hooked up with gas +mains.

Towed to under cover storage site and dropped off/parked useing
the fitted mover,very handy :-)

Towed my ABI Sunstar home from Norfolk Tues and got snarled up
in the traffic mess due to M11 being closed nearly all day,needed that
(NOT) as had arranged for news owners to pick up from home at
certain time,amazing the stuff I had in the van to clear out.

Now looking forward to our first weekend away in Hymer and
no more making that bloody bed up.

Got to find a way in // or hole some where to get sat dish cable in now,
don't appear to be easy at first glance.

Thanks to all for the help.
Barry
--
Don't get to friendly with the neighbours.
You never know when you've got to upset

Old May 22nd 08, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Thu, 22 May 2008 22:45:52 +0100, "ForeverArsenal"
wrote:

Hi Bill.
Sorry for long delay to reply,like you been away for last time
in old van.

It's what the summer is for, and the weather recently has been great
for it.

Thought I'd start a new thread and say thanks for your replies
regarding the Q I asked about the Hymer,also all others that
took the time to reply,thanks.

Following Andy R's idea I contacted AL-KO and they have told
me nose weight limit is 100kg,car is 112kg so should be able
to use the huge storage area under the bed a fair bit.

Thinkig about it my Nova has a label inside the front locker that says
the max nose weight is 100kg, but my Mondeo has a Max noseweight of
75kg so that is what I have to use. Mind you I have trouble getting
there. With some water in the tank, the hot water tank full. a 13kg
propane, a 7 kg propane and a spare wheel plus lots of little bits in
the front locker I get to a noseweight of 70kg with everything else we
carry in it's designated place and an awning on top of the axle. It
tows like a dream.

Thanks for the consumer unit ampage limit Bill.most useful.

When I first saw it I thought not as good as the Uk fitted device with
two trips, but after having used it I decided that it was a big
improvement, you actually get to be able to use the 15 amps provided
and not get stuck with something less than 10 amps plus a little bit
on the other.

Went ahead and picked the Hymer up on Sat and went though
all with dealer with van hooked up with gas +mains.

Towed to under cover storage site and dropped off/parked useing
the fitted mover,very handy :-)

Mine has sat outside for the last 5 and a half years in all weathers,
the only concession I make is to fit vent covers on the fridge vents
and the oven vent ( the oven vent cover stays on permanently I use it
as a draft excluder ) No problems at all with damp or anything else.

Towed my ABI Sunstar

You will notice the difference internally between the award and the
Nova, the Nova is just not as strongly put together. My old Daystar
was bomb proof internally shame about the compulsory fitted shower in
the walls.

home from Norfolk Tues and got snarled up
in the traffic mess due to M11 being closed nearly all day,needed that
(NOT) as had arranged for news owners to pick up from home at
certain time,amazing the stuff I had in the van to clear out.

It's amazing, I've been there and done that.

Now looking forward to our first weekend away in Hymer and
no more making that bloody bed up.

Enjoy

Got to find a way in // or hole some where to get sat dish cable in now,
don't appear to be easy at first glance.

I use an aordinary TV aerial and pass the lead in through the door as
and when I need it. I keep thinking I should find a better way but
always seem to be too lazy to do anything about it.

Bill Lord