seasonal awning

Old May 26th 08, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
pete

Default seasonal awning

Has anyone got any advice regarding the " Pyramid seasonal pitch
awning ". I believe they came onto the market last year. Many thanks
in advance Pete
Old May 27th 08, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
R A

I bought one last year but now have changed the van for a bigger one so its
for sale :-) The awning was fine my wife complained it was a bit dark inside
due to the heavy thick roof fabric, but it held up well in the high winds
where we are, the frame was good to, better than the Dorema one we have now,
but she likes the look of the Dorema, plus on the Pyramid the front poles
have a base that can be pegged down so your not just relying on the awning
to hold every thing to the ground again for the high winds we have.

Rob

Old May 27th 08, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"R A" wrote in message
I bought one last year but now have changed the van for a bigger one so its
for sale :-) The awning was fine my wife complained it was a bit dark
inside due to the heavy thick roof fabric, but it held up well in the high
winds where we are, the frame was good to, better than the Dorema one we
have now, but she likes the look of the Dorema, plus on the Pyramid the
front poles have a base that can be pegged down so your not just relying on
the awning to hold every thing to the ground again for the high winds we
have.

Rob

I'd never heard of that so looked on the site. It seems fine but I wouldn't
like spiral zips, in my experience they don't last as long as conventional
ones - but I could be wrong :-)

It also seems expensive ... never having bought a new awning I'm probably
wrong on that too.

I'd like to know more, not that we'll ever need one!

Mary