French Blockade, driving out of Boulogne.

Old May 31st 08, 07:05 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,rec.travel.europe
Donwill

Default French Blockade, driving out of Boulogne.

Does any one know if there are any problems with driving off Speed ferries
in Bolougne and accessing the motorway to Caen. Are there any blockades and
how do I avoid them?
Don

Old May 31st 08, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,rec.travel.europe
Mike

Saw kilometres of parked lorries west on A16 out of Calais but none on the
east carriageway or around Caen. That said I suspect the current problems
are likely to crop up anywhere and without much warning.

Best of luck - if you do find a blockade hope like us (and for a change) you
get to see it on the other side of the carriageway.

Old June 1st 08, 06:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,rec.travel.europe
Donwill

"Mike" wrote in message
Saw kilometres of parked lorries west on A16 out of Calais but none on the
east carriageway or around Caen. That said I suspect the current problems
are likely to crop up anywhere and without much warning.

Best of luck - if you do find a blockade hope like us (and for a change)
you get to see it on the other side of the carriageway.

Thanks for that Mike, were booked in to a hotel near Caen, and am allowing 4
hrs to get there from Boulogne, there was a diesel shortage in Northern
France I believe, do you know if that has cleared up?

Don

Old June 1st 08, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,rec.travel.europe
Mike

Did not see any shortages of diesel during our stay. Prices seem to be going
up daily - as in UK - but as I am sure you know the cheapest diesel is
generally at supermarket pumps (i.e Intermarche - Caen).

Old June 15th 08, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,rec.travel.europe
Woody[_3_]

"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote in message
Does any one know if there are any problems with driving off Speed
ferries in Bolougne and accessing the motorway to Caen. Are there any
blockades and how do I avoid them?
Don

None this morning.

--